Connect

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tutorial: How to Cut Your Crease

I've been getting a lot of requests to do a tutorial on how to 'cut your crease'. There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube that demonstrate this technique but I particularly find this technique the most easy and precise in my opinion. There are no right or wrong ways to do this. What's important is that you find a technique that you're most comfortable with. I've tried a lot of different ways to try crease cutting and I find myself going back to this technique so I hope this tutorial helps.

 STEP 1: Begin by applying your lid color. I chose to bring it slightly higher than my natural crease.

 STEP 2: With an eye pencil of any color (anything dark is preferred), outline your crease.

 This is how it should look like.

 STEP 3: With a pencil brush or smudger brush, smudge the black eyeliner upwards making sure you don't bring this color down to your eyelid.

 This is how it should look like.

STEP 4: With a pencil brush, apply black eyeshadow (or your preferred choice of color) to your crease and blend upwards.

This is how it should look like.

STEP 5: With a blending brush, blend out any harsh lines.

STEP 6: Apply a highlight color to your brow bone.

And you're finished! Just apply eyeliner, mascara, and false eyelashes!






20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! It's tuts and gorgeous EOTDs like this that make me wish I had double lids, instead of my droopy hooded ones!! >_<

    Great tut Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this tutorial.

    I've been trying to cut my crease, but I find that everytime I do it, my crease colour would get on my lid and I wouldn't have a clean, precise line.

    I'm going to try this. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this tut! I only started to cut crease on makeup class and I haven't been doing it after I graduate, thanks for sharing this and for reminding me about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Maybe now I'll get it!!!! Thanks for the tutorial!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the tutorial! You really made it seem easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is most amazing. i should give it a try. i have hidden crease. grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial Tina, love the look + the lashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey im on aim but victor's on ur aim..... =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for this! I often have trouble with this method.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make this seem so easy-I envy your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this tutorial! You make it look so easy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cant wait to try this!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderfull...thank u sooo much

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tutorials. You're awesome!! ♥

    ReplyDelete