Connect

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tutorial: Complementary Colors - Purple & Yellow (hint of green)

PICTURE HEAVY! If you guys have any ideas for me to do picture tutorials without posting so many pictures into one post, please let me know! I'm not sure if you guys would watch the video if I were to put these into a video slideshow. If you would much rather have it that way, let me know! Unless this way is fine with you too. =) Enjoy!

Start off with a base.
I used UDPP and then applied NYX Jumbo e/s pencil in Milk all over my lid.
 

Apply a yellow eyeshadow (MAC Chrome Yellow) to the inner half of your eyelid.
  

Tada! =)
  

Apply a light/bright green eyeshadow (MAC Bitter) to the outer half of your lid.
  

Blend the colors together and it should look like this.
  

Apply a purple eyeshadow (MAC Violet Trance) lightly above the crease.
  

It should look like this.
  

Take a dark blue/purple eyeshadow (MAC Climate Blue) and with a pencil brush apply it to your outer corner.
  

With the same color and brush, lightly define your crease.
  

It should look like this.
  

Take a pale lilac or light pink eyeshadow (MAC Up At Dawn) and apply it to your brow bone.
  

Lalala...
  

Take any shimmery highlight color (MAC Cloudbound) and apply it to the inner part of your eyelid.
  

Take the same color and apply it as your highlight
  

It should look like this
  

I also applied a purple pigment (MAC Viz-A-Violet) to the inner part of my lower lash line and MAC Climate Blue to the outer part. Apply eyeliner and false eyelashes!

The finished look
  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

17 comments:

  1. Great look! I like this kind of tutorial better because I don't really like watching videos XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. tina, you are sooo pretty!!! pretty smile and pretty face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought yellow and purple look good together 'til now. You make it seem effortless. Loves the overall result. :)

    Come to think of it, you know what this reminds me of? Lakers colors. :D Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, amazing colors!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    I agree with Erynn, I like these kind of tut rather than the video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of colors you used! Defintely gotta try your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you're back with the brights! I swear no one does it like you Tina! I know I always say it but it's the truth! When it comes to brights you pull it off best! ANd you color combos always sound mismatched, but end up looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this rather than videos ..great look .

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so pretty i have to try it!!! I have the perfect outfit for it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm if you don't post pics step by step then how am I supposed to print out the post and put it in my "inspration binder"???
    XoXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wear bright colours so so well! I wish I could pull off brights like you do, I'm jealous!

    I much prefer the way you do your tutorials with the detailed pics than video tuts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous! I really love the color combo too, I would never think to put those colors together!

    I like this type of tutorial because it's easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete