Connect

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Product Review: BrushLab Thermal Round Hair Brush



They need to change the name of this brush to The Ultimate Sex Hair Brush!!!

I kid you not! After I used this hair brush, I could not stop running my fingers through my hair and have it flow down my face like, well... sex hair! I don't mean to sound all raunchy or anything. But it's the truth! And the truth is, I love this brush!

Personally, I am not one who uses a hair dryer on a regular basis. I hardly ever do! Matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I ever pulled out my hair dryer. I always air dry my hair after i shower and after that, I flat iron. I'm guilty of using a flat iron too many times on my hair which is probably why it's so damaged at the ends. I just can't help it! It's a fast and easy way to have tamed hair, which is why I do it too often.

AVAILABLE AT: Brushlove.com
PRICE: $18.98 USD
BARREL SIZE: 3"
VALUE FOR PRICE: 3/5
EASE OF USE: 4/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL USE: 4/5


PROS:
It adds volume to your hair 
It gives your layers more dimension
The barrel is made of thermal ceramic that heats up! This helps distribute heat to prevent over drying & damage.
Versatile brush. You can straighten, curl, or add volume to your hair.
Your hair looks healthier rather than stick straight hair that a flat iron would typically do to your hair.
Your hair won't feel weighed down
Comfort grip handle
100% natural premium cut boar bristles

CONS:
If you're not used to using a brush like this, it might take longer to style. It's definitely something to get used to.
Using it against a hair dryer seems like it causes more damage (I don't know how, it just seems like it)



OVERALL:
My overall experience with this brush made me think different about using round, boar bristle brushes. I remember as a little girl I used to play with my mom's rounds brushes (because I wanted to be like her) and I would always get it tangled in my hair and it would get stuck! I was basically afraid to use this because I had a lot of bad experiences using them. But after my entire life (literally), I finally gave this another whirl. And since the good definitely outweighs the bad, you can say that this will definitely not be the last time I use this technique over a flat iron.

I thought this particular size was perfect for my long hair. I didn't have much trouble running this through my hair since it actually made my hair smoother and less tangled. Except for when my hair was still extremely wet but I guess that's a given.

The comfort grip handle made it very comfortable for my hands. You're basically holding on tightly to this brush since you're somewhat pulling on your hair so the comfort is a definite plus.

HOW I STYLED MY HAIR:
With this brush you can either straighten, curl, or add volume to your hair. I was definitely going for volume. What I did first was I took pieces of my hair on top and I put it under the hair brush so that it's flared outwards. And then I straightened underneath it slowly with the concentrator attachment and rolling the brush outwards, pulling it down my hair at the same time. When I got to the very ends of my hair, I concentrated more heat so that it was sure to flare out at the bottom (as you can see in the pictures). Then I took hair from the crown of my head and I put it over the hair brush and I concentrated the hair dryer on top so that it added more volume to the crown.

I'm sure you are all familiar with how my hair looks on a regular basis when I do makeup looks, you can definitely tell that my hair is usually straight, unstyled, and flat! But the after pictures of using my hair dryer and the thermal round hair brush made my hair look in such a way that I can't recall the last time it ever looked bouncy and voluminous. I styled my hair the night before and when I woke up the next morning, my hair was still bouncy and voluminous! I love what it did to my hair.





WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT?
Yes
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? I would definitely purchase other brushes from their website!



DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

6 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing! I wanna try the brush just to get hair like yours! P.S. bravo for air drying, no wonder your hair's so healthy and shiny. that's the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina your hair looks so gorgeous and healthy. I can totally see the difference. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amie - Thank you! I can see the difference in my hair too. I love it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never seen a round brush, or any brush, that heats up. that is so cool. the technology they put into our brushes. that's amazing. your hair is so pretty and i love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur hair has that Farah Fawcett-y look! Very cute! LOL! Don't worry I don't even OWN a dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I need this brush. I want bouncy hair too. Your hair looks beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete