Connect

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sally & Empire Beauty

I found a great beauty supply store in the SD area, I'm sure you San Diegans are aware of this store already but I just barely got around to discovering it myself. It's called Empire Beauty Supply and it's a chain beauty supply store across San Diego county. It's like your average beauty supply store except they have a ton of sales! A lot of their products are buy one get one for 50% off. This includes nail polishes such as China Glaze, OPI, Orly, Essie, and whatever else is there. And I know a lot of you go to Sally Beauty to purchase your OPI or China Glaze nail polishes. Nothing wrong with that but wouldn't you rather buy one and get another one for half off?! Now I've been to two Empire Beauty Supply stores and one of them did not sell any China Glaze nail polishes... yet! This was the one in Rancho San Diego so don't go there if you plan on purchasing China Glaze, I swear I'm saving you all the trouble! Instead, I went to the one in Grossmont Center and they do carry China Glaze and everything else.

So I didn't purchase much at Empire but I figure I might as well show you my haul anyway. I purchased China Glaze "Frostbite" for only $2.50 ( this was on sale for half off ) and I also purchased the Essie Matte About You nail polish for less than $10. Sally's was also having a sale with Seche Vite Base and Top Coat. Basically you get free top coat with a purchase of a base coat. And I love Seche Vite Top Coat. Definitely my favorite by far. I also needed nail polish remover so I bought Beauty Secrets acetone and a nail file by Soft Touch. That's all for now. I'm thinking of doing a look later today so stay tuned. (:

They have these coupons available at Sally's.
Expires 3/31/10

12 comments:

  1. Frostbite looks so pretty..does it have alot of shimmer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofee - It seems more frosty and shimmery if that makes any sense. But yes it does have a nice shimmer to it. It's a very metallic royal blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i should check the place out.. -tingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats good deal for free stuff! Nice color of the polish! Can't wait to see your NOTD's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Thank you so much for the heads-up! Have you ever been to the Empire on the corner of Broadway and Lemon Grove Ave? I think it might be kind of an outlet for Empire because they usually have a ton of makeup and nail stuff on clearance. I've gotten some pretty crazy deals on seasonal OPI shades at this location. Thanks so much for the tip about ChG...great to know!

    PS: Loving your blog! So nice to meet another SD beauty blogger. I actually just found out about your blog via one of my favorite Canadian bloggers (http://sparkledbeauty.blogspot.com/). Don't you just love the beauty blogging community? Who would have thought that a Canadian blogger would be the one to tell me about another blogger in my very own 'hood! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I wish I was living in the US with a Sallys near me! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recessionista - Yay I love finding more beauty bloggers in the SD area (: You know what, I think I have been to that one! I remember it was at the corner and you kind of have to go inside this weird small parking area in the corner right? I think so! If that's the one, I haven't been there in years. The last time I was there I wasn't even all that into makeup yet. Lol. I'll most likely check that place out soon. Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina Marie! Thanks so much for the kind words about our stores. Empire Beauty is a SD based family run company that began over 60 years ago. That's right. My grandfather started the business in the late 40's. I now run the business with my two brothers. We take pride in being local, family run and non corporate. Where the buy one get one 1/2 sale is concerned, we started this promotion when the recession hit some time ago and our customers really seem like it. That being the case we plan to run it indefinitely. We'll just change up the selection of products and brands we offer each month, just to keep things fresh! Lastly, please be on the look out for our new website that will launch in late April/early May. It will be loaded with store information, beauty content and DEALS! I'll keep you posted as to when it will launch. Thanks again Tina. BTW, your blog is fantasic!
    Kind Regards,
    Bryce Goldman
    Empire Beauty Co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bryce,

    That's so awesome that your grandfather started this business! I love Empire Beauty and I'm glad I came across it. Can't argue about the buy one get one 1/2 off sale! I'm sure everyone I've told about Empire Beauty will love it just as much. This was just one of the many visits I'll be doing at your stores and I'm looking forward to shopping there again. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. deals are always great :) i love seeing and finding out about new places in the cali area. if im ever in sd im def. going to check that place out!

    ReplyDelete