Connect

Monday, March 29, 2010

FOTD


... as in Fail Of The Day.


Sorry guys, this post won't be containing FOTDS or anything like that. I'm just curious to know if you've ever had those days where you're so busy with life coming at you so fast that you can't even remember the last time you touched your makeup. You start feeling bad for these inanimate objects because you haven't payed them enough attention in weeks! I know I have. Which is why I chose today to play with some makeup and possibly work on potential looks that I can post. But do you ever have those days where it's just not the day to be doing your makeup? Like the colors you choose to work with are somehow not cooperating together! It sucks. It's a waste of makeup and effort. The downfall about not practicing your makeup skills is that it's not like riding a bicycle. You get taught riding a bicycle once and you're a pro for the rest of your life! But when you're good at putting makeup on and you stop for a while, your skills don't just sit there as it collects dust, it actually diminishes! I haven't touched my makeup since my St. Patty's look and when I attempted to create a look today, I felt like such a newbie. I don't know what the heck I was doing. I nearly attempted to do my makeup about 6 or 7 times today and each attempt was an epic fail! Does this happen to you? If it doesn't, bless your talented soul. But when I don't play around with makeup in a while, it shows up in my work!

8 comments:

  1. omg i totally agree with u on this post i hate that i neglect it at times for over weeks an then wen i try to play with it i get all excited then wen i try to put sumthing together its like dammit why isnt this working its worked befor aughh i wish i could play with makeup every day to keep up with it i luv it so much but now wen i touch it its like ummm yahhh its not working lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your little makeup block! I'm pretty sure you'll get back on track because your do makeup too well to lose everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel what you're saying, I'm the same way. My makeup usually gets thrown on the backburner during regular semesters (i.e. Fall & Spring) and the only times I really play with them (if at all) is on the weekends, which is still rare. LOL. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been touching my eye makeup for awhile, I've only touched them on gigs and applied them on others but haven't been doing much on my own eyes, I guess its just the phase! I'm sure you'll get the mojo back :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, those days are everyday for me. I haven't touch my eyeshadows, cleaned or even looked at them and I feel so bad >_< My skills are fading. I don't even know how to blend anymore ><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh I know EXACTLY what you mean! Sometimes you just don't get to do full makeup in days/weeks and when you go back to it it's just not the same. It's like learning everything all over again =(

    I feel your despair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Tina! LOL! Sometimes, I get like that, but I'm not as imaginative or creative w/ my MU like you. But I've NEVER seen a EOTD on you that I haven't loved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally know what you mean! usually the days when that happens to me are days when i need them to work! like job interviews or parties, so frustrating!

    just thought id let you know im having a giveaway if you want to check it out :)

    xox vendettaxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete