When it comes to my face routine, I have to find exactly what's right for my skin type. I have used numerous products from both low and high end, and although I do have my set of high end products to keep face matte for those special occasions, I find that these products save me from looking like a disco ball when it comes to my daily face routine. Most of these products you might have already heard of but there may be some of you that question the different products I use. Because believe it or not, they're not at all face products!
These items are simple to get your hands on and for the most part inexpensive!
- TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel. The name sounds a bit odd but the product itself works amazing as a toner. It works great for oily, irritated, damaged, blemished, red, or inflamed skin. It absorbs all the excess oils on my face, helps soothe any irritation, all while making my face smooth and supple.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30. This non-greasy formulated moisturizer works great for my oily skin. It provides me with a nice balance of moisture without feeling heavy. This moisturizer absorbs into my skin really fast so you're not stuck with that sticky feeling. It has a high SPF and you honestly cannot go wrong with that!
- Milk of Magnesia. Yes! This wonderful bottle of magnesium hydroxide is a laxative! But holy moly does this product work amazing for oily skin! Although this product is used to alleviate the you-know-what, it can be used as a face primer. Applying this after your moisturizer helps to retain the oils on your face from seeping through your foundation. Besides a primer and a laxative, M.O.M. has so many other uses to it. Wikipedia that thing girl!
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel. You're probably thinking, "what the heck is this girl putting on her face?!" But girl let me tell you! This product has the same consistency and the active ingredient of all the major primers we know and love, Dimethicone! This not only keeps me matte all day but it fills in my pores without clogging them.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin. This is my go-to foundation for both daily and long-wear use. This truly keeps me matte all day, gives me amazing coverage and doesn't feel heavy on my face.
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer. This waterproof concealer works amazing at concealing dark circles and blemishes. It stays put all day without fading no matter how oily or sweaty you get!