Connect

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TUTORIAL: Crease Cut

Here's the look we're going for.


After applying UDPP, apply NYX Jumbo E/S Pencil in Milk all over the lid.


Apply your choice of an all over lid color.
I used a variety of light blues from the Coastal Scents 88 Matte Palette.


To cut your crease I used NYX Jumbo E/S Pencil in Black Bean and a thin eyeliner brush.


With the same brush, blend outwards.
It doesn't have to be perfect since we'll be blending it.


With a dark blue eyeshadow, apply it to your crease.


It should look like this.


With a light blue eyeshadow, apply it above your crease so the dark blue fades into your highlight.


It should look like this.


With a pencil brush, define your crease with black eyeshadow.


Apply a highlight color.


Blend the colors together if it's needed.


Apply eyeliner, mascara & false eyelashes.



26 comments:

  1. wow this is a veryyy nice one toooO!!!!! i dont think i can do this... esp if i dont have those brushes! great job tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhh soo gorgeous. ive been trying to change my eyeshadow application just to try something different. i still need to work on cutting my crease. sometimes i do so nice but other times, its just messy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. insanely gorgeous! very helpful tutorial too. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow down to you! thx for the tutorial, tina. I will definitely have to try that out the next time I wear makeup.... hopefully it'll be soon! lol. mommyhood is kickin' my ass for reals! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tuts! I just wish I had a crease to cut! LOL!

    Awesome blending as usual! And great color combos!! Tina you are soo amazing with your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, tee-nah! great tut, once again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it.

    I will defenitely try as I have CS 88 shimmer palette.

    you look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue eyeshadow looks great with your skintone...

    ReplyDelete
  9. love ur tutorial girl and the blue look is always hot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look! You are so talented at cutting the crease! With my Japanese eyes, it's going to be difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHoa! Such a pretty look! Love this on you. I still have to learn how to cut the crease...lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love it! you are so talented! i love the variations of bles you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your eyeshadow game is SO on point!! loves it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that is very pretty and the lashes look wonderful and naturally pretty on yoU :) the blending is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Has your skin improved? I did a Serious Skincare review in case you still need info on it : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous :) love the mix of colors on the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I STILL can't do a cut crease! But your tutorial is perfect so I need to give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you make me wanna wear make ip every day so i can get this good!!!

    ReplyDelete