Connect

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tutorial: How to Cut Your Crease

I've been getting a lot of requests to do a tutorial on how to 'cut your crease'. There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube that demonstrate this technique but I particularly find this technique the most easy and precise in my opinion. There are no right or wrong ways to do this. What's important is that you find a technique that you're most comfortable with. I've tried a lot of different ways to try crease cutting and I find myself going back to this technique so I hope this tutorial helps.

 STEP 1: Begin by applying your lid color. I chose to bring it slightly higher than my natural crease.

 STEP 2: With an eye pencil of any color (anything dark is preferred), outline your crease.

 This is how it should look like.

 STEP 3: With a pencil brush or smudger brush, smudge the black eyeliner upwards making sure you don't bring this color down to your eyelid.

 This is how it should look like.

STEP 4: With a pencil brush, apply black eyeshadow (or your preferred choice of color) to your crease and blend upwards.

This is how it should look like.

STEP 5: With a blending brush, blend out any harsh lines.

STEP 6: Apply a highlight color to your brow bone.

And you're finished! Just apply eyeliner, mascara, and false eyelashes!