Connect

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: Revlon False Eyelashes & Artificial Nails

*** PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ my reviews. I've been getting a lot of questions about products that I've reviewed when the answers are clearly stated in the post itself. If I don't get back to you, it's because the answer to your question is already mentioned. Otherwise, I will do my best to get back to you. Thank you!


About a week ago I received an e-mail from Janet Lai, an assistant manager of Revlon at Pacific World Corporation. She manages and promotes falsies & artificial nails and she was really kind enough to send me a basket full of them so I could do a review. Thanks again Janet!



On to the review!

REVLON RUNWAY COLLECTION artificial nails
In general, I was never a big fan of press-on nails just because I've always had a hard time putting them on. My fingers would glue themselves to the press-ons and it would all just be a big mess after that. The last time I ever applied press-ons, I was probably a senior in high school.

But as you all may know, this recession makes it harder for us ladies to glam up when need be. So instead of paying $20+ dollars for acrylic nails, press-on nails can be a definite alternative.


TIPS FOR APPLYING PRESS-ON NAILS:
Apply nails to your dominant hand last.
The last press-on you should apply is the thumb. Trust me, your nails will thank you. (:
When applying the press-on, hold it down for about 10 seconds. If you lift too soon, air bubbles may appear [as shown in the picture below].
The more glue, the better. But beware that it can get messy [& sticky!].

PROS:
When applied properly, they could almost pass for salon nails. (:
Comes in a variety of designs that fit to your liking.
Inexpensive, as a opposed to getting your nails done at a salon.
Had no problem finding the right fit for each fingernail, though it may vary for others.
Each kit comes with a manicure stick & a file so in case a press-on may be too wide, you can easily file it down to fit your fingernail.
They WON'T ruin your nails as much as acrylic nails do.

CONS:
Air bubbles ): Maybe if they added a less transparent base coat to make the base of the nail less visible, the air bubbles wouldn't show as much.

Other than the fact that I'm no good at applying them, I actually like the concept of press-on nails. I just wish I can do a better job at applying them! I'm sure other ladies can apply them a lot better than I can. I would definitely recommend it to those who are on a budget but would want an inexpensive way to dress up their nails. (:







REVLON FANTASY LENGTHS false eyelashes
As you all may know, I'm a huge fan of false eyelashes. I received a couple of falsies that were self-adhesive, meaning that no glue was needed. I thought it was pretty interesting since I've never tried it before.

PROS [self-adhesive lashes]:
It's a lot easier to maintain. Meaning, no need to rush to put them on your eyes since there's no glue.
If you accidently applied them incorrectly, you can easily peel them off and reapply to adjust them without the messyness of glue.
Package comes with another strip of adhesive in case the first one loses its stickyness.
Package says that they stay on even in water, though I haven't tested that out.

CONS [self-adhesive lashes]:
The adhesive is really sticky. Like regular glue, you can move your false eyelashes around while the glue is still wet. But with this, once you stick it on, you can't wiggle it, you'd have to remove it and place it where you want it to go. Doing this can also remove your eyeliner!


PROS [regular lashes with glue]:
I LOVE their eyelash adhesive. It dries a lot faster and it's not as thick compared to other adhesives I've tried.
Eyelashes are very natural looking.
They come in a variety of choices that fit to your liking.
I can hardly tell I have them on, they feel extremely natural and they don't weigh my eyes down.

CONS [regular lashes with glue]:
The strip of the lashes are really thin and lightweight which made it kind of hard to control when I applied them.
The eyelash glue can be a little too thin. Almost like a milky consistency.








DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

31 comments:

  1. oHhh how kind of her!! great review! i wanna try out some fake nails now.. hahah thats a lot of lashes! u get to keep them all too? luckyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reviews!! =]

    I really liked the press on nails! I"m not one for fake nails but those look cute!
    i've never had acrylics either..
    ever! haha
    maybe i'll try this before i ever get them done.

    i been wanting to get into doing my nails lately. at least painting them. can't remember the last time i painted my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love press on ones.. i just saw some AWESOME ones at CVS but my nails are way too fat to get normal ones.. not even the wider ones :\ fit the rest of my fingers but not my thumb.

    thanks for the eyelash glue comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to try out the press on nails! :) :)

    Thanks for doing this review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think those look very lovely! I saw EBeautyBlog blog about these and thought they were fantastic! I want to try these someday! They look real!

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I currently have some press on's on and however you applied it looks damn better then the way i did it. So props to you. I only use press on's cause like i'm horrible w/ painting my nails.

    Thanks for reviewing this especially the pre glued lashes, I hate waiting around for the glue to get into that "tacky" state.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing!
    i didnt even know revlon made lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot! The lashes are killing me! They look gorgeous. Its one brand amongst my addiction to so many that I've actually never tried. Thanks hunnie! I hope everything is great for you babes and that you are staying strong. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice reviews!! i got these as well but haven't got a chance to use them yet. it's nice to read someone else's view on them though. i'm a little worried about the press on nails since i've never used them before and i'm not used to them. but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same with Yumeko, I just learn about Revlon making lashes and pressed on nails by reading blogs! :) I have NEVER tried pressed on nails and it looks interesting! :) The self adhesive lashes are wonderful too! that's the reason why I don't wear it often, because I'm lazy to put on glue then wait a bit for it to dry.blah blah..long process :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reviews!! I used press on nails for a phase back in my sophmore year of HS. Let's just say it ended on a bitter note! LOL!

    But your's looks soo natural! I think you did a great job. If you didn't point out the bubble I wouldn't even have noticed!

    Ohhh falsies!! At least your honest!! But I guess cuz I'm such a noob at it, thinner bands feel better on my eyes!! Oh well!! If I can get it on my eyes!! HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW i didn't even know that Revlon made those amazing lashes! sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OoOH! Janet contacted me too! She said she'll be sending out the stuff. I can't wait! I hope I like those self-adhesive lashes, cause me and glue.. umm yeah, trouble!

    Nice review love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the nails!! I've never tried press ons before, how long did they last??

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review! those press ons are really cute! i like the first ones..they look like you got them done.

    i really like the concept of lashes with their own adhesives but could see where they could get tough to put on esp. for newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like the design on those nails

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey babygirl! you do an awesome job on your product reviews ;] i'd try the lashes, but i'm not one for false lashes! can ya believe it? but i'm TOTALLLYY the fake-nail-type-of-chick, lmao! i haven't tried Revlon's before, but then again, i haven't used press-ons for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, yeah I have questions I swear I read the directions at the beginning of your post.
    1. Did you file or buff your nails before applying the press-ons?
    2. How long before they popped off? Like do I need to keep glue in my purse "just in case"?
    I haven't messed with press-ons since HS, but they have some cute designs out.
    You know I like everything fake, my hair, lashes, nails!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. do you like the lashgrip glue or the duo glue?

    ReplyDelete
  20. good reviews! I think I'm going to have to pick up more falsies and try the press on nails! I do love nails but my budget and time cannot allow me to get acrylics. Makeupbyrenren reviewed the same nails and it looked fabulous on her too! So I may have to get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG i want those silver and black ones!! those are sexyys!! haha I have a problem with the airbubbles too.. but yours still look good!

    <3 from sandeeezy

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha where was this when i was trying to put falsies on the first time ever?! haha
    but the nails thing look interesting :P thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha she contacted me too and I can't wait to try these out, they are still sitting in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow you applied those nails very well cuz the look like salon nails!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw TM, I miss you too. You know things on my end are sorta hectic but I try to catch up with everyone when I can. <3

    Your reviews are awesome and I think the press ons are lookin fab on you. I used to wear em back in the day and then moved onto acrylics. Now that I'm in Japan, I can't get myself to pay to get acrylics done (at least $100+). I do have a few press-ons but am a lil skeptical about how long they last.

    And how lucky of you to get contacted by Ms. Janet! She picked the right person, I'll tell you that much!

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting content.

    Just wanted to share some information that may help busy professionals caught up with work and who have less time to maintain their nails. You can try out gel nails which are now becoming a hot favorite as they are natural looking even without nail tips and the best way for nail enhancement. Also, if you are allergic to those strong smelling chemicals which you can experience with acrylic nails, then you should use gel nails as these are odorless.

    However, when you are planning on gel nail application, make sure you approach a nail salon or a nail artist who is well versed with gel nails and is properly trained and mastered in gel applications. This will save you from problems that can arise with improper gel nail applications.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Makeup. Great Job. I was wondering what camera do you use to take pictures with?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous - I use a Sony Cybershot DSC-W70 with 7.2 megapixel.

    ReplyDelete