Connect

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TUTORIAL: Smokey Eyes Request

Okay... I know I said I'd put away the smokey eyes for a while now but I try my best to answer a lot of reader questions and other requests. I got a request to do a tutorial on how I did my smokey look that I posted a long time ago. I knew this look was going to be easy so I decided to do it. It's funny because I don't think I've EVER done a simple black smokey eye before. Haha. So I'm glad I finally got to do it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I used the same colors because this look was taken back in 2007. But I'm almost positive that I used the MAC Cosmetics Gentle Fume Eyes palette from the Smoke Signals collection. Enjoy! (:


Here's the look that a reader requested:

Without flash.



MAC Cosmetics - Smoke Signals Collection (2007)
Gentle Fume Eyes Palette
(** I know this palette is Limited Edition but you can definitely substitute the colors **)

After applying a base, I applied Rondelle eyeshadow to the inner part of my eyelid.

Next I took Gentle Fume eyeshadow and I applied to the outer part of my eyelid.

Then I took Carbon eyeshadow and applied to the outer corners and blended it in towards my crease.

With a fluffy brush I also used Rondelle eyeshadow as a highlight.
Next apply your choice of eyeliner and mascara
(I didn't use false eyelashes this time because I wanted to "replicate" the look.)

Without flash.

LIPS:
Revlon Nude Attitude lipstick & NYX Cafe Latte lipgloss

CHEEKS:
none

31 comments:

  1. i dont think ive seen u done a black smokeyish. but good thing u posted! im still tryin to achieve that look.. i dont really know how =[ lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uauuuuuuuuu, super bonito!Parabéns.Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the look! You always do an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always rock smokey eye make up! love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. classic smokey eyes! Loving it! thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. smokin' deliciousness! i also really like your hair in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh nice tut! thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TINA EVERYTHING LOOKS SO DAMN GORGEOUS ON U...I AM SO JEALOUS..STAY BEATIFUL MAMA!!

    I TAGGED U CHECK OUT MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fantastic!

    smokey eye is a classic look that never goes out of style!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks soooo much for doing this tut! I love it!! Thank goodness i own the quad..
    you're so talented!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous! Tina you always look HOT! I don't think I've ever seen a look from you that wasn't exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fantastic! Do you think this look would look good on someone without a crease (monolid) though?

    ReplyDelete
  13. another smokey! yeay! btw, love the nude lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty!!!! loveee the classic smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOT! you definitely know how to work makeup, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY another tut!
    It looks so easy but yet I dont think I do them right. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome tutorial. love this quad too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. youre sooo good with these makeup looks and tutorials!! plus they always look super fab. i looove smokey looks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am seriously kicking myself in the arse for never buying this palette! smoke signals was such an awesome collection! love dark colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for step by step it helps soo much.

    this looks soo nice!!

    i will try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the sexy smokey eyes TinyTina! (: did'chu go back to black in the first pic?? no more blonde?!?! =O or am i trippin?!? either wayyyy, u loook so hotttt! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  22. your eotds/fotds never fail to amaze me : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. again, i bookmarked this post!!! love everything as always!

    ReplyDelete
  24. TEEN, wtf is with the poll dude? Obviously we all wanna see every look you do cus it's hella good no matter what it is.

    Great smokey look. I like how it turned out now... so interesting how much our skills improve over time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tinaaa! I created a 2nd blog page called the " BEAUTY BLOG SALE DIRECTORY".

    Since you have busy traffic on your site,Would u be so kind to mention the blog sale directory blog onto your next upcoming posts and/or on your side bar so that we can establish a fabulous resource page? =))

    It would be beneficial for all sellers looking to reach a higher traffic and for buyers because it will be a 1 stop resource to all known current blog sales goin on without having to go hunting around!

    http://www.beautyblogsaledirectory.blogspot.com


    =D

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow you look great :) I am beginner in makeup.. I have bushy eyebrow. No pluck them as very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovee this make-up!
    Looks hot 'n sexy!

    ReplyDelete