Connect

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TUTORIAL: Smokey Eyes Request

Okay... I know I said I'd put away the smokey eyes for a while now but I try my best to answer a lot of reader questions and other requests. I got a request to do a tutorial on how I did my smokey look that I posted a long time ago. I knew this look was going to be easy so I decided to do it. It's funny because I don't think I've EVER done a simple black smokey eye before. Haha. So I'm glad I finally got to do it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I used the same colors because this look was taken back in 2007. But I'm almost positive that I used the MAC Cosmetics Gentle Fume Eyes palette from the Smoke Signals collection. Enjoy! (:


Here's the look that a reader requested:

Without flash.



MAC Cosmetics - Smoke Signals Collection (2007)
Gentle Fume Eyes Palette
(** I know this palette is Limited Edition but you can definitely substitute the colors **)

After applying a base, I applied Rondelle eyeshadow to the inner part of my eyelid.

Next I took Gentle Fume eyeshadow and I applied to the outer part of my eyelid.

Then I took Carbon eyeshadow and applied to the outer corners and blended it in towards my crease.

With a fluffy brush I also used Rondelle eyeshadow as a highlight.
Next apply your choice of eyeliner and mascara
(I didn't use false eyelashes this time because I wanted to "replicate" the look.)

Without flash.

LIPS:
Revlon Nude Attitude lipstick & NYX Cafe Latte lipgloss

CHEEKS:
none