Connect

Monday, June 1, 2009

TUTORIAL: Style Warrior Inspired Look

I decided to make an attempt to recreate a face chart look from the Style Warrior collection from MAC. Of course, mine didn't turn out nearly as well as the face chart but I tried. I also didn't use anything from this collection. Looking at the colors on their website, I realized that their eye shadows could be easily duplicated so that's what I did.

Now on to the tutorial....
After applying a base (I used UDPP), then apply a yellow eyeshadow to your entire lid.
I used MAC Chrome Yellow.

Next I applied Going Banana's LE eyeshadow over Chrome Yellow to give it nice satin look to it.

It should look something like this.

Next, take a purple eyeshadow (I used MAC Purple Haze) and using a small eyeshadow brush, apply it to your crease.

It should look something like this.

Next, take a dark purple/plum color (I used MAC Fig 1) and using a crease brush or a blending brush, blend it onto your crease. I also applied this color to my lower lashline.

I took MAC Fab & Flashy LE eyeshadow and applied it to the outer part of my lid.

It should look something like this.

Take any choice of a highlight color and apply it to your brow bone. I just used a random off white color.

Using a black eyeshadow and a pencil brush, I applied it to the crease and the outer lower lash line to make the crease more definitive.

This is how it should look by now.

Next, I took MAC Juiced eyeshadow and blended it above my crease to get rid of any harsh lines.


Apply your choice of mascara, eyeliner, and false eyelashes.





38 comments:

  1. wow! great as always tina! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your tutorial is crystal clear! i love it! the color payoff looks so pretty and great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! idk what ur talking bout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Your looks always look so pretty and neat! You are amazing and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this look is GORGEOUS on you!! i think you did an awesome job replicating it--and even improving it, haha. who needs to use collection items anyways? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Your step by step picture tutorials are really helpful! I think you have pretty eyes for makeup, esp your crease!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! they look really pretty. oh, you rock the colors very very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful look! Well done! I think you replicated the look even better than the face chart. And you should so do more tutorials. They're all very clear and concise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina,

    I would like to say that you really know how to use colours on you. I'm impressed with the work you have been doing

    I'm your fan...

    Do you have advices for black women, which colours we should use

    I'll be back

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so amazing! :D
    keep it real!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw this is so gorgeous, teen. you really nailed the look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah i like the combination . its prettyful :P following your beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. EFFing outstanding!

    You're goin' to have to do that crease thingy on me when i get back home!

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it tina gurl! as usual you pulled off the look very nicely.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! You did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. damn! you look hott! you did this look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. amaaaazingly gorgeous! (= i LOVE that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are the guru!! so golden and warm. i love this combo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LAAHHHVE THIS!! great job!!

    Wish my eyelids were as prominant as yours..my version wouldnt look as nice.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. loveee it. great job....i wish i had a crease. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is absolutely gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE THE LOOK, what a great look for a warm summer night out :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. love it! damn i cant do bright colors :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks exactly like the face chart :D and yeah, those colors are super dupeable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. its gorgeous...I love it...you make me want to try the style too...love love it...

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG...I was just looking at the face charts on MAC and fell in love with this look...I was going to try it tomorrow and you already did! I LOVE this sooooooo much! You did amazing and I like your version better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. sheesh tina, you can always pull off crazy combos w/out it ever looking like it's too much!
    i wish i could do that hah

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow!! i love this look!! everything was so precise, especially the eyeliner! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Girl, I don't know why you said it didn't come out nearly as well as the MAC facechart... cause it looks beautiful!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your look is out, I love the step by step process!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohh i love purple and yellow together! this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome tutorial!! looks amazing on you! :)
    I wanted to try this look out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. this was my fav face chart out of all of them!! you pulled it off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally going to have to try that sometime. Looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this look! It is so pretty!
    --Ciara<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  36. amazing you did a great tutorial in detail really good.

    ReplyDelete