Connect

Sunday, October 4, 2009

EOTD Using Circa Plum Pigment

Sorry guys for the lack of FOTD's. By the time I'm done working on my eyes, I get really lazy so I skip taking pictures of my entire face. I'm still trying to perfect taking close up shots with my DSLR camera. It's tough! Especially since the camera is so big and bulky. Right after I did this look I learned how to do Live View on the camera so I can see on the screen what exactly I'm aiming at. Before that, I just had to guess at what I was shooting which got really frustrating!

Also, with my DSLR camera I feel like it doesn't pick up the true colors of my looks. They sometimes come out looking faded or washed out and that's the last thing I would expect in a DSLR camera. So that's the reason why I included so many eye shots of this look. I tried to pick out one of the best ones but they all seemed really good so I thought I'd post them all. Haha!

Everything I used was MAC unless otherwise stated.
  • Bare Study paint pot applied as a base
  • Circa Plum pigment (LE) applied all over lid
  • Silver Fog pigment (LE) applied to inner corner and inner lower lash line
  • Flammable paint (discontinued) applied to outer corner (small amount goes a long way)
  • Fig 1. eyeshadow applied to outer corner
  • Dark Soul pigment (LE?) applied to outer crease
  • Lurk About pigment (LE - similar to Frozen White pigment) applied above crease and close to brow bone
  • NYX Jumbo e/s Pencil in Milk applied to browbone
  • NYX eyeshadow in White applied as highlight
  • L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner on upper lash line
  • Revlon Colorstay eyeliner applied to lower waterline
  • unknown false eyelashes

I hope you guys like it. Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the past looks I've done!

22 comments:

  1. Such a great Fall look! Lovin the plums on you! :) And the falsies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! those lashes are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooo pretty, its perfect! The colors are very pretty!! I bet its even prettier in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful Fall look! Love the plum color on your eyes and how you did the liner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, such beautiful colours and I love the really defined edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!! I wish I have half of your skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! I have Circa Plum but I have no idea what to pair it with! Thanks for posting this!

    For some reason when I use white as a highlight, it looks weird on me =\

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! fabulous.. simply wow tina..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! When you have your eyes closed especially it looks amazing because of the straight line.
    I never use flash, the colours always look washed out, and in general I have many problems.But your photos are good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks great! :) i love the colors~

    as for the washed-out look, it may be overexposure since the camera's compensating and exposing for your actual eyeshadow (the largest "area" in the picture) which is dark.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love every single look you dooo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks totally nice! Like the way you doing make-up! Clean line on outer part of the eyes looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the eyebrow lining is amazing! OMG

    ReplyDelete
  14. The clean edges looks FAB!!!! Spill your secret!! Do you touch up with makeup remover or use the 'masking tape method'??
    You make me wanna go put on some face NOW!!! But I'm packing so I'll be looking busted for the next few days :(
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Girl!
    OMG, I was a little excited that you commented me. Haha, I was like," Tina Marie commented me?!" LMAO. I'm a dork. I just really admire your skills and think your art is inspiring. :)

    I was just on Tumblr last night and read your latest entry about Tumblarity. That's EXACTLY how I felt so that's why I made the transition to Blogspot. I'm very very new at beauty blogging but once I heard of yours and some others, it gave me a new appreciation for make up artistry and skin care. Sounds corny but true. Make up is an addiction and I'm a crackhead for it!

    Anyway, thank you very much for the compliment. I think you're not only pretty but amazing and I love what you do! Hope to keep in touch and learn more from you. Later doll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have the perfect EOTD!! Tina, tell me what camera do you use for your EOTDs? They're stunning pictures!!

    ReplyDelete