Connect

Sunday, April 25, 2010

HANA Professional Flat Iron Review

I've been lemming this Pink Edition Hana Professional Flat Iron ever since I've seen it being reviewed on a lot of other beauty blogging sites. At the time, I was also looking for 1 inch flat iron so I can do curls with them. I usually straighten my hair with a 1 1/2 inch flat iron so it's way too big to do curls.


I was finally chosen as a giveaway winner so big thanks to Tammy for hosting this giveaway for Misikko for providing this flat iron for me.

Includes: Travel Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, Shine Shield Styling Therapy & Tin Case


AVAILABLE AT: Misikko.com
PRICE: $109 (currently on sale for $73.99)
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4/5
EASE OF USE: 4/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL USE: 4/5

PROS:
heats quickly at a high of 450 degrees
made of ceramic plates that won't damage your hair
floating plates allow less tension on your hair
easy to see the numbers on the dial (most numbers on flat irons are too small)
thick swivel cord
glides smoothly and does not tug on hair
red LED light blinks when the flat iron is ready
tourmaline embedded plates which gives your hair shine
gives nice curls


CONS:
takes time to straighten long/thick hair
no auto shut off

OVERALL:
I'm really loving this flat iron. I also love the fact that it comes with a heat proof silicone mat which allows me to set my flat iron down freely without burning anything. And I've had really bad experiences with other flat irons burning the paint on my vanity! For a one a inch flat iron it actually straightens my hair just as well as a 1 1/2 inch flat iron would and that's what I usually use for flat ironing my hair. I also love using this for curling my hair. Unfortunately I don't have any picture of my hair curled using this product.

My hair looks so much shinier in the after picture!
This is with no Shield Shine treatment. I love how the tourmaline gives my hair shine.


DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.


5 comments:

  1. Great review on the flat iron! I've always wanted one but I my hair's too thin & pretty flat to spend the $$ to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Wow I love the before and after :D I've been looking for a new flat iron... this one is just so cute and sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review. I've been on the look out for a nice flat iron for quite sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair does look super shiny in the second pic, I'm glad you like the flat iron. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using Sally's generic brand flat iron right now and it's awesome for the price.

    ReplyDelete