Connect

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Photos, Swatches and Review


These lipglosses are also a big hit in the beauty buzz. I hear a lot of ladies talking about it and I thought I'd give these a try. I can honestly say that I really like these lipglosses.

At first glance I knew I wouldn't have stopped and looked at these lipglosses if nobody had mentioned how good they were. I'm honestly glad I did! These three shades were the only ones available so I can't really compare them to the other shades. I checked online at the different colors and I'm glad I ended up with these choices.

AVAILABLE AT: Most drugstores. I bought mine at CVS
PRICE: $8 USD (BOGO 50% sale at CVS and Walgreens right now)
SIZE: 0.2 FL. Oz/5.9 mL
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
EASE OF USE: 5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 5/5
OVERALL USE: 5/5

PROS:
Non-sticky
Feels moisturizing
No strong scent
Inexpensive
Does not dry my lips
Decent pigmentation (depends what color)
Decent lasting wear
→  Cream finish (Lilac Pastelle looks like it has a tiny bit of shimmer but it's not obvious)

CONS:
The taste. It tastes like I accidently sprayed body spray in my mouth. I'm a little over exaggerating because the taste is there but it's not a very strong taste. But I don't usually have that problem with other lipglosses. It could just be me.

OVERALL:
I'm very pleased with my purchase. I feel like I could carry all of them in my makeup bag and never feel like I'm missing a shade to wear during the day (maybe except a nude). I'm definitely gonna keep these in my makeup bag because I don't think I could ever go wrong with these shades no matter what look I'm wearing on my eyes. These colors are perfect for the summertime. Because they're not sticky, it won't feel like you're wearing heavy goop on your lips. I would say of the three shades, my favorite is definitely Coral Reef.

Coral Reef/Lilac Pastelle/Pink Pop

Coral Reef/Pink Pop/Lilac Pastelle

Lilac Pastelle

Pink Pop

Coral Reef

Lilac Pastelle

Pink Pop

Coral Reef



WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT? Yes
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes


DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

23 comments:

  1. WOW this sounds very promising!

    I am lovin the coral shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only one i dont have is the coral one but now i must get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.. coral reef looks very pretty.. love the fact that it is not too shimmery..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna try out those glosses! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures of them! I ended up buying these last month too & I love them. I have all these colors & also the Peach Petal one and I love them all!

    Glad you're loving them too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the swatches! I have Life's a Peach and I love it! I really wanna get Coral Reef & Lilac Pastelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the lilac one. I bought it from target for about 6 dollars I think but I'm not sure if I like the way it looks on me. I need to figure out how to make it work with out it going to waste. It looks really pretty on you though

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should try the shade Peach Petal! It's a gorgeous peachy nude & I find myself reaching for it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these glosses! I passed them up at first glance too and plenty of other times. When I saw Hollyannaeree's(sp?)review, I had to have them! To bad they weren't on sale when I got them. Booo! But it's ok well worth the money! I think I need back ups now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i only like the coral reef. the other two are too pink for me. good review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I'm really liking all three of those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, now I am goin' to have to try at least ONE. LOL You look great TM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started following, I love your posts and Coral Reef is my favorite toooo =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good on ya woman!! Kay sent me one in NudeLustre. Haven't popped it open yet, hopefully it won't have that funky taste! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours.. I love pink pop and coral reef.. Super gorgeous.. Thanks for sharing hun..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think i gotta give this a try :) thank you :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. So I just wanted to let you know that I went and bought two "regular" ones to try later (when i'm not sick anymore). LOL I want Pink Pop and Lilac!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use to wear Super Lustrous all the time in high school and was my favorite lip gloss. They discontinued it for a while but are they starting the line again?

    ReplyDelete
  19. the lilac looks a lot like mac english accent and i wear it out alll the time. love it. thanks for the review! imma check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi i just found your blog, from another blogger. I saw your pic and thought you were japanese/caucasion! I guess b/c you're fair and then I saw that you had a nose job. I didn't even know you were filipino! Anyways just wanted to say that I love the nose and love your makeup looks! Will look forward to seeing more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really like coral reef! thanks for the swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! I like the color of the Lilac Pastelle since my favorite include all violet shades.

    On the other hand, my sister Jade loves to collect Revlon beauty products. I'll share this post with her. Her latest development is having Los Angeles breast implants, sponsoredby our parents as a Christmas gift. She wants (Los Angeles) breast lift, but the doctor/surgeon advised her to take implants for better results.

    Thanks for the swatches, Tina! I'm so inspired just by looking at the photos. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete