Connect

Friday, February 24, 2012

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer Review



without concealer / with concealer

Ever since I saw Zombie Boy featured on a Dermablend ad for the Leg and Body Cover (click here), I instantly wanted to try their products. For a while now I've been searching high and low for my holy grail under eye concealer and although I can't exactly pinpoint what my favorite concealer is, this has definitely grown to be a favorite of mine!


AVAILABILITY: Dermablend.com
PRICE: $21.00
SIZE: .3 FL. OZ.
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
APPLICATION: 5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATION: 5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 5/5


PROS:
□ Covers dark circles and blemishes
□ Medium to full coverage
□ Has SPF 20
□ Long wearing
□ Doesn't fade
□ Doesn't settle into lines
□ Small amount goes a long way
□ Doesn't look cakey
□ Feels lightweight
□ Doesn't look drying

CONS:
□ Comes in only 8 shades

FINAL THOUGHTS: 
□ I purchased this concealer in the shade Sand and although it's a shade too light for my face, it does cover up blemishes fairly well despite its claim for being "medium coverage". This concealer works great for my dark under eye circles because it covers the darkness extremely well without accentuating them, and brightens up the eye area without fading or settling into lines. My main concern with under eye concealer is that it doesn't last throughout the day and begins to fade and crease but this concealer hasn't given me any issues.

DISCLAIMER: THE PRODUCTS REVIEWED ON THIS BLOG ARE BASED ON THE OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE AUTHOR. THIS PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED BY THE AUTHOR AND IN NO WAY WAS THIS REVIEW INFLUENCED BY THE COMPANY OF THE PRODUCT.

5 comments:

  1. This is utterly amazing stuff, I agree - if you can find shade match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this couldn't have come at a better time cause i'm on an under eye concealer kick LoL! i must try to get my grubby hands on this if I can find the right shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this once I get through my piles of current concealer...lol

    ReplyDelete