Connect

Monday, February 6, 2012

Reviva Labs Makeup Primer Review


Makeup primers are essential for anyone who wants their makeup to last longer and look better on their face. I'm not one to use primers all the time. I usually only use primers if I know I'm going to be out all day and I need my makeup to last for several hours. Other than that my face is usually fine without a primer. However, I do notice that I have pores on my cheek area close my nose. They're not extremely noticeable but up close you can definitely see them. In a primer I typically look for something that will help my foundation last longer but more importantly, I want it to create an even surface on my skin.

Without Primer / With Primer

L'Oreal True Match Foundation on top of Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

AVAILABILITY: Reviva Labs
PRICE: $19.50
SIZE: 1 FL. OZ. / 29.5 ml

VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
APPLICATION: 5/5
PACKAGING: 4.5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4.5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 5/5 


PROS:
□ Diminishes the appearance of pores
□ Creates a smooth surface for even foundation application
□ Does not cause any breakouts
□ Does not irritate the skin
□ Makeup lasts longer than without it

CONS:
□ Face starts to feel oily after 6-7 hours

FINAL THOUGHTS:
□ Reviva Labs Makeup Primer really makes all the difference in my foundation application! I've tried quite a few high end makeup primers and none of them have given me noticeable results as this primer does for me. You can definitely see my pores in the before picture, and in the picture I took after applying the primer already shows my pores less visible. All I use is one pump and I apply it to the areas that I need it (middle of the forehead, nose, chin, and inner cheek area). I have visible pores on my nose and inner cheek area and this really makes my pores appear smaller. My foundation looks more flawless and my skin looks smoother. You have to make sure to shake the bottle really well first because when I first pumped out the primer it was runny and oily. It has a slippery texture to it and it has a slight silicone feel to it but not too much. If you're looking for a poreless primer then I definitely recommend this product!

DISCLAIMER: IN NO WAY IS THIS BLOG ACCEPTING ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR PRODUCTS RECEIVED BY COMPANIES. THE PRODUCTS REVIEWED ON THIS BLOG ARE BASED ON THE OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE AUTHOR. THE PRODUCTS IN THIS REVIEW WERE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.

5 comments:

  1. This works amazingly well - can't see a single pore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting product...I'm not too big on primers though. Maybe I'll try this for my clients :)

    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not either but I'm glad I found something that works!

      Delete
  3. Where can I find it?

    Gina
    XOXO

    http://aphrodites-world.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete