Connect

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Photos & Swatches


I picked up the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette at my nearest Ulta. For $27, you get six full-sized eyeshadows that are perfect for creating everyday natural eyes to smokey eyes. This palette comes with five matte shades and one shimmer. All the eyeshadows are silky smooth and pigmented, and true to color! I love that majority of the colors are matte which is my favorite finish to work with. I'm definitely going to consider using this palette as my new everyday eyes palette.

This palette is extremely tiny! I imagined it being a bit larger than what it actually is but it fits perfectly in the palm of my hand and is great for travel. The packaging is quite sturdy with a satin finish. If you have both the Naked palettes already, I'm not saying this palette is an absolute must-have. However, if you're fan of neutrals you'll definitely love this palette!



Venus is an off-white shimmer eyeshadow which is the only shimmer eyeshadow in this palette. This will work great as an all-over lid color or to place in the inner eye corner to highlight the eyes. A close enough shade to this color if you have the Naked palette is Bootycall eyeshadow.

Foxy is a yellow beige eyeshadow. This is more around my skin tone so I would imagine using this as a brow bone highlight on myself. Foxy is also a shade in the Naked 2 palette.

Walk of Shame is a cooler beige eyeshadow. It's another great brow bone color or a lid color if you want to go for something matte. 

Naked 2 is a soft brown color. I would use this color as a transition color from the lid to the brow bone.  Compared to Naked eyeshadow in the Naked palette, this shade is much lighter.

Faint is a medium brown eyeshadow. If I'm going for a really natural look I would use this eyeshadow on the outer corner and crease or as a transition color for smokey eyes. This is similar to Naked and Buck eyeshadow.

Crave is a matte black eyeshadow with a bit of a brown undertone. It has a bit of a drier consistency but nonetheless very smooth and pigmented. If you have the Naked 2 palette, it is similar to Blackout eyeshadow.



 Left to Right:
Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave



No comments:

Post a Comment