Connect

Thursday, April 30, 2009

UCSD VSA Culture Night 2009 (Picture Heavy)

Hi everyone, sorry no looks today but I was finally able to see the rest of the pictures from the fashion show. Hope you all enjoy!

Of course, these aren't ALL the pictures. There are plenty more in the link below. And I apologize that these pictures are in the wrong order but ever since I downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer, I'm unable to drag pictures anymore. Oh well.

Credits to http://sydneyboomboom.com/ (more pictures on his website!!)

***EDIT***
I've gotten a few questions regarding the fashion show I did so I decided to answer them on this post. (:

1.) How long did it take you to do make-up on all the girls?
• About 7 to 8 hours!! I believe I started on the first girl around 11AM and the show didn't start until 7. I was finished around 6:30PM. Not a lot of breaks were taken either.

2.) How did you match foundations with the different girls?
• Some of the ladies had brought their own foundation, so either I applied it for them, or they already had it on. I did do touch ups on concealer as well. Those who didn't bring any, I brought different shades of MAC & drugstore foundations and just went with what I felt best matched their skintone.

3.) Did you get paid for doing their makeup?
• Yes.

4.) How many girls did you do make-up for?
• 20 girls.

CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE




















12 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Those are such pretty ao dai's. (traditional vietnamese dresses)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they all look beautiful thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 girls!! wow u did a good job. thats a lot of work!! did they had someone else there to help them w hair as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you worked hard and it showed! THey all look Fabu!! Tina I've told you before that you've got skillz, and I bow down to you still!! :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all I gotta say is someone got bank $$$$$$! haha. you did an awesome job, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 8 hours! You must've been sooo tired! Again, you did a great job. Everyone looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aweome! i have a question:
    how did you manage w the brushes? did you wipe them down? diff ones? 20 girls is alot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. not much breaks must of been really tiring but wut a fun experience huh.. and best thing u got paid!! was it a lot? thats pretty fun!!

    -jeSMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you survive such long hours???!!! and this a group of beautiful ladies with most wonderful makeup on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's so cool you got to do that! They all look so great all your hard work totally shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see a lot of Ao Dai (Vietnamese traditional costume) and feel happy because I'm a Vietnamese, too (And I'm living in Vietnam as well).

    Your help did make all the girl look gorgeous :D

    Best wishes from Vietnam to you and your girls

    ReplyDelete