Connect

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review and Swatches: Claire's Pastel Nail Polish

I recently purchased this set of six pastel nail polishes from Claire's. If you don't know what Claire's is, it's a retail store that sells accessories, jewelry, and other fashionable items typically for the younger generation. I remember as a teeny bopper I would always shop at Claire's! This set of nail polishes really caught my eye because I'm such a junkie when it comes to rainbow colored... anything! And even though these were pastel, I knew they were gonna come out looking fabulous!

Before I go on to the review I just want to say how vibrant these colors are in real life. These colors would literally glow under a UV light! My camera does not do these swatches any justice and for you to actually get the full effect, you'd have to see it in person.

PRICE: $12.50 USD
SIZE: 0.25 fl. oz (7.5 ml) per container
VALUE FOR PRICE: 3/5 (roughly $2 per nail polish - $12.50/6 nail polishes = $2.08)
EASE OF USE: 4/5
PACKAGING: 3/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL USE: 4/5


PROS:
Colors are very vibrant and they all have a cream finish except for the purple. It has a slight shimmer to it. Nonetheless, all the colors are gorgeous!
Nice consistency, except for the first coat. After about two coats, the colors look very opaque which is a plus!
The price isn't too bad. You do get a variety of six different colors which are all amazing.
Quick drying.
    CONS:
    The size per nail polish. You don't get a whole lot but again, the variety of colors replaces that.
    The wand is pretty short. I like my nail polish wand to be fairly long for better control.
    First coat is a little runny. Two coats is fine but I think three coats will be best to get the overall opaqueness of each color.
    Not too sure yet on the lasting power but with any nail polish I recommend a good top coat.

       

        

        

        

      {Each swatch was about three coats of nail polish}
      TOP L to R: a toned down hot pink, a gorgeous pastel orange or better yet a peachy gorgeous color, & perfect pastel yellow!
      BOTTOM L to R: Perfect pastel green! I'm surprised this one doesn't look neon green, perfect pastel blue, what more can I say!? This last one is not a cream color but it's a lovely pastel purple that looks so dreamy in sunlight.

      OVERALL:
      I love love LOVE each one of these nail polishes. I love this entire collection and the color choices are on point! These colors SCREAM Spring! I love the fact that it's not your typical neon colors (though I love me some neon!) But these are so perfect for the Spring season and with Easter not too far away, the color combinations are endless!

      WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT? Yes
      WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes



      DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

      17 comments:

      1. Such a cute nailpolish set! I really wanna try these out now. Thnx for the review! =D

        ReplyDelete
      2. Thanks for the swatches! I always see such pretty pictures of Claire's polishes but I've never tried them yet.

        ReplyDelete
      3. Those are pretty colors!! I'm lovin' that peach color :]

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks for the review and swatches! These are so cute, I wonder if we have them here ^^

        ReplyDelete
      5. those colors are gorgeous! and the price is a steal!

        ReplyDelete
      6. These colors are ADORABLEEE. I still love Claire's and Icing ^^

        ReplyDelete
      7. Wow these are so pretty! Thank you for the swatches and review! :)

        ReplyDelete
      8. Ooo! Hello, Claire's. I'll be snatching those up this week. :) And here I was, actually thinking of buying each pastel shades of the rainbow separately. -_-

        ReplyDelete
      9. Ooh, thanks for the review, these are beautiful colours! I love pastels, and they're creams too? That's a bonus!

        ReplyDelete
      10. I wish I can get this online somewhere. Claire's doesn't have an online store unfortunately :(

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. If you find those pastel colors please let me know I have the neon colors but can't find the pastels anywhere if I can email me if u find them thanks shannonsmith8255@yahoo.com

          Delete
      11. Like those colors,
        nice review

        - Precious
        www.expressinglamourcosmetics.com

        ReplyDelete
      12. I love those nail polish , they are so beutiful... so sad they are not available in France !

        Aurélie
        http://destrucsdefilles.over-blog.com/

        ReplyDelete
      13. love these coloures !!! you can't get them in Australia though?

        ReplyDelete