Connect

Sunday, July 18, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: Model 21 Eyelashes


If you know me, then you know I LOVE false eyelashes. I love wearing them on a regular basis because they're fun and it makes all the difference when you're doing makeup looks. With lashes, the more dramatic the better! Well, to a certain extent. But I do prefer fuller, longer lashes rather than my own natural lashes.

I'm not all about choosing brands when it comes to false eyelashes. If it looks good, I'm wearing it! That's just how I am. Model 21 lashes have a variety of lashes to choose from for a great price. And considering that you could wear certain lashes more than once, you could never run out of these. All of Model 21 lashes are 100% handmade out of real hair (black hair-like fibers for the more dramatic lashes).



Left: No.x-36
Right: No.x-11

No.x-11

No.x-36


Left: No.x-11
Right: No.x-36

Top: No.x-11
Bottom: No.x-36


AVAILABLE AT: model21eyelashes
PRICE: Prices vary between $6-$8 USD for a box of 10 lashes
(Averages out to about $.70-$.80 per pair of lashes)
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
EASE OF USE: 4/5
PACKAGING: 3/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL RATING: 5/5

OVERALL: 
I'm not at all picky when it comes to lashes. I would wear lashes of any brand as long as they came out looking good. These lashes are definitely comparable to popular brand lashes such as Ardell, Andrea, Red Cherry, Bliss, etc.

I love the fact that the band of the lashes (the part that holds all the hairs together) is very flexible. Some lashes make their bands too thick and it makes the lashes harder for it to stay on my lash line. Other lash bands are too thin, making it too flimsy beyond my control. These are perfect.

These lashes also blend really well with my natural eyelashes. They're light, easy to apply, and there's no need for trimming.

One thing I'd have to say that could probably bother other people is the packaging. I personally don't have a problem with the packaging but to other people they might not prefer it this way. But overall it's not a huge problem. 

Another thing is the tape that the lashes stick to on the box is very sticky so I suggest using tweezers to remove them otherwise the hairs can be pulled and you could ruin the look of them. So delicate hands are needed!

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT? Yes
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes


DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

15 comments:

  1. I really love model 21 lashes, steph from makeup babble sent me a box for my freelancings and I love it! I keep reminding myself to stock up because theyre hella cheap for that many.

    only thing I don't like the shiny-ness of them, like you can kinda tell theyre fake once you see the shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review! ive been eyeing this company for a few weeks. i just have a question. did you actually buy them from the website? how was the process? ive only heard/seen people buy them from ebay. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek. idk if my previous post posted bc i did it on anonymous. anyways, thanks for reviewing! ive been eyeing this company for a few weeks. i just wanted to ask, did you purchase these of the actual website? if you did, how was the process? were they quick, did you have any problems, etc. i only ask bc ive only heard ppl buying them from ebay. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Soo If you read my disclosure I mention that these lashes were provided by the company. So no, I did not purchase these. So I can't really tell you how quick their shipping is if you were to order from their website. They did seem pretty fast about sending these out to me after I mentioned which lashes I wanted to try out. They came to me in less than a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lashes! I could care less about the brand of lashes too. As long as it does the job then I'm happy. :) I'll have to try these out. I love that they come in a huge set because falsies don't last long with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lashes, My reallly like how the No.x-11 look! I will definatly need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im sorry! i skimmed over the disclosure. thanks for the response.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a particular lash adhesive that you always use, or any adhesive is good? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anonymous I use DUO and Lash Grip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those No.x-36 looks so adorable and wearable! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!!
    I haven't tried any false lashes even though I do own some

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like some great falsies! I wish I was better at applying them. Then I'd wear them more, but I hear you on the bands! I think that's why I get so frustrated with some falsies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tina! I love your website! After reading this, I bought eyelashes from the website that suited my interest and I received it yesterday. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love those lashes on you :D both day AND night lashes. great picks!

    ReplyDelete