Connect

Friday, July 23, 2010

Tina Marie's Current Summer Face


I wanted to share with my readers what my current foundation is during the summertime and all the necessities that I need to keep my foundation in place. It gets pretty hot where I live and that last thing I want to do is wear my high-end foundation when it's just going to eventually melt off my face. These products have so far lived up to my expectations and I hope it does for some of you.

My skin type: oily/combination (oily on my nose and forehead, dry on my cheeks)
Disclaimer:  Please be aware that these products may work well for my skin, but it may not work as well for others.

Products from left to right:
Oil Off Paper. Also known as oil-blotting sheets. You can pretty much use any brand you like. I hear Starbucks napkins and those disposable toilet paper seat covers work just as great! I bought this particular one at Mitsuwa. This works great for me because over time, my nose gets extremely oily in this heat. So it's important that I touch up with an oil-blotting sheet just to remove any excess oil on my face. Remember to blot, not wipe to keep your makeup in place!

L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I'm a W6 (Sun Beige) in this foundation. It matches my skin suprisingly well even though it looks dark when I swatch it on my hand. This foundation is great because it's lightweight, it's inexpensive, and it has SPF of 17. This also has great, buildable coverage without the look and feel of it being cakey.

Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. In Translucent. This is by far my favorite setting powder. It beats my MAC MSF Natural. I can't even begin to tell you why I love this product. Not only does it completely set your entire makeup but it makes your face absolutely flawless. It makes your pores less visible, it gives you a nice smooth finish on top of your makeup, and you can easily powder this on over your blush and it won't budge your makeup at all. I used to use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil but ever since I came across this loose setting powder, I don't even think twice about using anything else to set my makeup. This is definitely a must-have if you want your makeup to last all day.

Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer. I chose the shade in Linen, although I would've picked Beige as well. I somehow leaned more towards Linen. Both shades blended well into my skin and considering that these were tinted moisturizers, I didn't expect too much coverage. But I realized that this particular tinted moisturizer is very buildable. I really like how this tinted moisturizer blends into my skin. It almost blends in flawlessly. A tinted moisturizer is a really good alternative to using foundation because it's not has heavy as your typical foundation and yet it's definitely buildable. I really like this tinted moisturizer because it has SPF 15 so I could be comfortable using this for a day out and not look crazy with a face full of heavy foundation.

What is your current Summer Face?

17 comments:

  1. ooh ive been wanting to try the sonia kashuk tinted moisturizer, thanks for reviewing it! now i def want to go get it! do you think linen would work for my skin tone as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! Blotting sheets is totally must at summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liana I'm not sure. But then again tinted moisturizers aren't meant to give you as full of a coverage like regular foundation. And the shades are very limited so I'm pretty sure if you have light skin to medium skin Linen would work well with you. If not there's one shade lighter which could work too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same skin type!! I've been wanting to try the SK tinted moisturizer for a while..might have to visit Target tomorroww :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No7 Facial Protection SPF50 & Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation. Blotting sheets are always handy to take out with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked into Sonia but I was a shade too dark. Boo. Hopefully for winter I can use it. Is the laura one translucent?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I have oily/combo skin too



    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just learned about the the Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer too and can't wait to try it. Unfortunately when I went to my Target, they had linen but no beige. I'm an in between shade so hopefully one or the other or maybe even both will help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've given up on wearing foundation and blush in the summer. It's way too humid in NJ. I'm looking into tinted moisturizer. Haven't found a good match yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to use L'Oreal True Match and loved it too, and I've only heard great things about Laura Mercier.

    I think when I go on my next make up run I'll grab that SK tinted moisturizer.

    Great reviews Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. is your Laura Mercier the translucent one? i've been wanting to try it for so long now but i'm so skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anonymous yes it's the translucent one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I was just looking into the Laura Mercier Loose powder! LOL! Cuz lately my MAC MSF Natural (which I do love) hasn't been cutting it with my oily skin lately. Sad though, I'm on my 3 pan of it. But at least now I know of someone I trust who likes the LM one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! I've been long for the Laura Mercier loose powder and totally forgot about it til I saw this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must check out the SK tinted moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tina Maries current summer face is shown on the post here. Useful information

    ReplyDelete