Connect

Thursday, January 1, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: Tweezerman Folding iLashcomb



I never understood plastic eyelash combs. They just never "declumped" my eyelashes. Plus they break easily and it's money down the drain to have to keep buying another one. So say goodbye to those plastic eyelash combs & give a metal plated eyelash comb a whirl. You won't be disappointed. :)

The perfectly spaced, gold plated metal teeth glide through lashes to remove excess mascara, leaving your lashes looking long, lovely and clump-free.
[x]



CAN BE PURCHASED AT: Sally Beauty Supply, Tweezerman.com
PRICE: $7.00
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5 out of 5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 5 out of 5
OVERALL RATING: 5 out of 5

HOW I USE THIS PRODUCT:

Apply first layer of mascara
While mascara is still wet, comb eyelashes [moving up, out & away from eyes]
Comb lashes after each coat of mascara

HOW TO CLEAN THIS PRODUCT:
Part of eye-beauty maintenance is keeping peepers healthy, so clean your iLashcomb regularly with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball, make-up wipe, or make-up remover. I clean my iLashcomb after every use with Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes, works great!

PROS:
Combs away clumps of mascara
Price isn't bad. If you take care of it, it will last a good while
Very compact & fits anywhere!
The comb cleverly folds in to protect teeth when not in use
Easy to clean

CONS:
A little hard to comb through eyelashes especially when your mascara is dry. So it's best to comb through right after you apply a coat of mascara.
The metal teeth can hurt if you do accidentally poke yourself.

OVERALL:
It's definitely worth the purchase because nobody here likes clumpy mascara. It does take more out of your time considering you have to comb through your lashes to really get that "clump free" look. But since it's so small, it easily fits into your purse so you can bring it with you.

It's important that you use this product carefully because the metal teeth are as pointy as needles [I think they are needles actually. LOL.] So even though it may be time consuming, you want to be careful not to rush yourself when using this product. But after using it several times, you start to get the hang of it and sooner or later you'll just comb right through them like nothing!

There are also many other similar ones that vary in price such as Coastal Scents, Sonia Kashuk, etc. and they all pretty much have the same effect.
[L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara - 2 coats]



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! I am soo going to get one of those ASAP!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...big difference!!!

    Hope u had a happy jolly new years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE Tina! Ima need somethin' like that shortly since I been wearin' mascara on my, now often, lazy days! I might have to ask one of the ladies to pick me up one of these when i need a care pkg again!

    YAY FOR REVIEWS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh NICE REVIEW!! I have one of those crappy plastic ones you're talking about!! LOL!! I don't even use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great review, I've been looking for a mascara comb. $7 isn't bad at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow hmmm look slike ive never used mine lol think ill start now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oOoOooh i likeeeee that! haha =) i saw the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a big difference! Your lashes look gorgeous. I need to find this because I hate plastic eyelash combs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you...
    Thanks Tina for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've always wanted on of those i just wasn't sure if it was worth it,i think i may purchse,thanx for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooo hot damn... I so need to grab me this lil comb, im over the plastic ones - thanks for your review mama!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually have three lash combs (I kept thinking that I lost 'em). It's so true about being careful. I actually got myself in the eye once and that shit hurt like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked up one of these after seeing a review on Christiana's site. I love it too, but it hurts like crap when you're combing through the lashes. Much better than plastic though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Yes, I'll do a review maybe after a month of use. Girl, if only I have your blending skills, I'd be happy! :D Oh, uhm what kind of cam do u use? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review love. :) and i agree w/ every point you made. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice review!! I really need something like this and after seeing how big a difference it makes I better head to sally's now! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for this darling, now Imma get myself one of those tweezerman, its a good thing we have sally's beauty supplies here or I might have to kill myself grrr its bad enough we don't have sephora..LOL...

    ReplyDelete