Connect

Monday, December 7, 2009

Product Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo

Read Mabeth's review on this product

I've been searching for dry shampoos for a while now because I think they are a great way to get your hair feeling clean and soft when you don't have time to wash your hair. I was thinking of purchasing dry shampoo at Sephora but I wanted to hold back until I found something that was not as expensive. Mabeth's Makeup did a review on this product and I noticed how much cheaper it was so I wanted to purchase it.


** Important Note: even though dry shampoos refresh your hair in between washes, it's always important to wash your hair on a regular basis because it's good hygiene!! **

Start off with oily/greasy hair.
This is how my hair looks like after 2 days of not washing it.


 Spray the can lightly and evenly throughout the top of your head.
You can even lift your hair up in some areas to get close your roots.


Use your fingertips to massage your scalp until the product is absorbed.
There will be white residue left in your hair so brush your with a hairbrush.


 After brushing your hair through, the dry shampoo should already be absorbed
and your hair should feel clean and soft and oil free!



Before & After


Batiste Dry Shampoo Original - with a refreshing fragrance, revitalizes greasy, dull and lifeless hair between washes. Instantly leaves your hair feeling clean, full of body and smelling beautiful. Quick and convenient to use wherever you are.

WHAT IT IS: It's shampoo in a can! It's a white powder that sprays onto your hair that absorbs the natural oils that build up in your hair over time. It reduces the appearance of dirty, greasy hair without the use of shampoo and water.






AVAILABLE AT: Sally Beauty Supply
PRICE: $6-$9
SIZE: 150ml (5.05 fl.oz)
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4/5
EASE OF USE: 5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL USE: 4/5


PROS:
Inexpensive for a big can. Other dry shampoos come in 3oz cans (or less) selling for $12-$18 at Sephora
It does absorb the oil from your hair
It made my hair look cleaner
Easy to use
Not messy at all
Has a pleasant smell to it
Comes in different scents

CONS:
If you don't brush your hair after rubbing it in, it will leave a white tint in your hair. So people with dark hair, don't forget to brush!
Even after brushing my hair, it still looked like there was a white residue. It's not so visible in person but on camera it looks obvious.
Hair still felt dirty after use

OVERALL:
We all have those days where we want to sleep in or we wake up late knowing we have to be out the door in a few minutes. This product is good to have when you haven't had the time to wash your hair and you need to be somewhere fast.

I also notice that my bangs get oily faster than the rest of my hair does because I touch my bangs a lot when I brush it off my face. The oil from your hands can cause your hair to be oily faster so this product is also nice to carry in your bag for a nice pick-me-up throughout the day.

I wouldn't replace dry shampoo with your regular shampoo and conditioner. I would only use this product if I absolutely needed to.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT? Yes
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.


19 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this review =] I've been eying it. I think there's one for dark color hair and light color hair or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome review. i have a bad habit of touching my hair and so my hair gets oily fastttt. =( this should be useful for times where i have to skip a shower one day because i'm up all night studying for the test the next day or something. hahaha. plus, it's cheap! i like your product reviews, they're always of things that are affordable. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it worked out for you! I agree, it doesn't make you feel quite as clean as regular shampoo, but it's a great quick fix for lazy mornings xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. this product seems very interesting! ill keep an eye for this product. thanks for the review! it's very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a lot of brunettes have problems with the white flecks. I wonder if anyone has found a dry shampoo for dark hair? HRmmm.... Great review though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! Do you think it could be sprayed only on the bangs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review. I was going to go purchase the Ojon brand at Ulta today, but the price kept pushing me away. Honestly $10 for a tiny little travel size! Heck No!
    I will definetly stop by Sally's for this today. Thanks for the great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mandy - I think you can spray it only on your bangs if you wanted to. I would do it since my bangs get oily faster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive heard good things about this dry shampoo but never seen how much of a difference it makes ! ive been eyeing this for a while .. i think your pics convinced me ! ive only tried the dry shampoo from a brand called cake and it made my hair look better but feel soooo gross . the scent was sickening sweet too . imagine oily dirty hair smell mixed with smell of sweet sugary dessert . ughhh . nasty !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review, aand great pictures! Thanks for sharing! We don't have a Sally Beauty Supply here in Quebec, and I've been looking for a good dry shampoo for a long time now -_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the review! ive always wanted to try the dry shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. good review hun. i've never heard of dry shampoo.. but this def. looks like it did an awesome job. :) i should stop by sallys and give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven`t tried any dry shampoo but I would like to and this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the review, I'm gonna go cop it tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got. Trdssame dry shampoo-- I love it-- at walmat-- really good price--

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good thing you provided sample pictures. I will recommend this shampoo to some of my friends who are having trouble with dry hair. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magic product!! :) I have done one review about this product and I would like to put your photos into; of course I would link to you and all about :)

    Could I use your hair (before and after) photos, please?

    Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete