Connect

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Review, Photos & Swatches

For years I've been faithful to my MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. I'm still an avid user of that product but I wanted to branch out and use something for everyday use that wouldn't break the bank on a regular basis. I've seen the Maybelline gel liner a few times at my local drugstores but I never considered purchasing it. So in a way you can say that I purchased this on a whim. And to be honest, I don't regret purchasing it at all! For the most part, it did a really good job at staying on my eyes. I do like to pull off the winged eyeliner and I did notice a little bit of fading in the wing but then again, what eyeliner doesn't eventually fade over time?


AVAILABLE AT: Local drugstores. I bought mine at Walmart
PRICE:
$6-$8 USD
SIZE: 1.06 oz (3g)
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
EASE OF USE: 5/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL USE: 5/5




PROS:

Inexpensive
Appears very black which I like since some eyeliners that say black come off as a charcoal color.
The brush that comes with it actually works really well
More product in the pot than MAC Fluidline
Color pay is a definite dupe to MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Waterproof

CONS:
Availability. I was really lucky to find this since they're always out of stock.
Slight smudging
Doesn't really last 24 hours as it states



Can you tell which product is Maybelline and which is MAC?


Maybelline / MAC




Be sure to 'Like' Tina Marie Online on Facebook!



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

5 comments:

  1. wow incredible!
    I cannot find Maybelline gel eyeliner here :((
    I will try these days Still smudge pots.
    Thanks for review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should have tried the black one instead but I got it in purple and the color pay-off was not that impressive. I do love the brush that comes with it tho. Nothing like any liner brushes that I owned before :D gotta try the black one then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Nouvelle sur la blogosphère pour exposer ma passion sur la maquillage, je t'invite à venir découvrir mon blog:
    http://confessions-dune-accro-au-maquillage.blogspot.com/
    N'hésite pas a me laisser un commentaire
    Bisouus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog - this review is great! I was looking for a good comparison to MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. I subscribed!

    superslickgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete