Connect

Friday, July 17, 2009

LOOK & REVIEW: J.Lynne Cosmetics Part 2

Yaaaay! I finally had the chance to play around more with J. Lynne Cosmetics. As far as mineral make-up goes, I've never really tried it especially when it comes to foundation. I've tried other brands like Bare Minerals but it's been a while since I've tried a different line of mineral make-up. I hope you ladies find this review helpful and I recommend that you check out their cosmetics line. (click here)

MINERAL FOUNDATION
COST: Prices may vary. Full jar is $18.00
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4 out of 5
OVERALL: 4 out of 5
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes.

PROS:
• Very lightweight
• Breathable coverage
• A little goes a long way
• Looks natural
• Medium to full coverage
• Blends easily
• Doesn't look caked on
• Long lasting

CONS:
• After I applied this foundation and went about my day I would notice my face getting an itchy sensation. More so around the forehead and around the nose area. I wasn't sure if it was the foundation or not but I've never had this happen before with other face products I've tried which is why I rated it a 4 out of 5. My skin is sensitive and I was thinking this happened because it was a new product that I've never used on my face before. The itchy sensation went away after a while.

click to enlarge

______________________________________


SATIN PEARLS EYESHADOW
COST: Prices may vary. Full size is $8.00
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 5 out of 5
OVERALL: 5 out of 5
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes.

PROS:
• Colors are easy to blend
• No fallout at all
• Goes on smoothly
• Great pigmentation
• Lasts all day with a proper base

CONS:
• None so far!

OVERALL:
• I thought these eyeshadows were really pretty in the jar but they're even better when you apply it to your eyes. Some eyeshadows surprised me by their color pay off which is a good thing in my opinion. I like the simplicity of these colors and how they're very wearable for everyday looks. This would definitely be a must have in my makeup collection.




EYES:
UDPP as a base
Joy eyeshadow applied all over lid
Cappuccino eyeshadow applied above crease
Espresso eyeshadow applied above crease
Sandstone eyeshadow applied to inner corner of eyes & highlight
Femme Fatale Ulta Intensity eyeliner applied to lashline
Lancome mascara

FACE:
Medium Warm 3.4 foundation (**I'm an NC30 in MAC**)
Light Golden 2.5 foundation applied under the eyes
Virtue blush
Sunkissed Illuminating Powder on cheeks (**similar to MAC MSF except it's loose powder, I recommend this product, it's amazing!!**)

LIPS:
Smooth Lip Cream in Audrey
Gloss FX in Jessica

17 comments:

  1. Itchy huh?! Well that's not good! But I'm glad it went away! The foundation looks like it provide good med coverage! :) Thanks for the review!!

    And the FOTD with the Satin e/s is so pretty!! A great natural look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! Thnx for the post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your makeup :) i'm afraid to use mineral just because then i have to find a bomb concealer.. haha. too lazy. but it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the review! I will deff look into this, because I love mineral make up, I love barely there feel. You look gorgeous btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina girl, I get that sameeee itchy feeling when I wear bare minerals! I dont get it, and yes it goes away after a while, but its such a pain! I assumed it was because Ive had my product for a while...maybe it was expired, and I bought a new one...and the same thing was happening. It was so annoying.

    You look so pretty! You hair is just perfect! I love your color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment hehe (: Great reviews... the eyeshadow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the neutral look!

    you don't have to feel bad. i understand you're busy. you didn't have to send me anything extra either lol. & of course i forgive you since i was never mad in the first place lol. i can't wait to receive the package!

    ReplyDelete
  8. itchy is not good! your b4 and after pix don't look much different. you have great skin...

    ReplyDelete
  9. great review darlin. i LOVE mineral makeup - that's all i ever use now...or nothing at all! i want to try a lot of different kinds..maybe this will be one of 'em! =DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous even without makeup! love your review! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always love on how you do your eyeshadow! Your skin is so flawless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, I LOVE the natural look on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! look at u.. naturally beautiful!! lovin the hair too !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tina!!! You are the blending and color combo queen!!!! I need to stop being scurred and actually use more color combos!!! You motivated me :)
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so pretty on your makeup. Beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete