Connect

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Review: J.Lynne Cosmetics Part 1

I decided to break the review down into 2 parts since I haven't used all the products yet. This post will review the Ultra Intensity Eyeliner and the Lip Creams.

**Don't forget to visit their website! J.Lynne Cosmetics**


Ultra Intensity Eyeliner
COST: Prices may vary depending on the size of the jar. Full size is $8.
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4 out of 5
OVERALL RATING: 4 out of 5
WOULD I USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN? Yes

PROS:
Variety of colors to choose from
Easy to apply
Very pigmented, even when applied dry
Goes on smooth like liquid

CONS:
I didn't get to try their Eyeliner Sealant which is ideal for applying it to your eyes wet but as far as using water and mixing medium, it's not waterproof or smudgeproof.
Packaging may be a little messy for some since it is in powder form.

OVERALL:
I really like this product. I like the concept of having powder as fine as loose eyeshadow, but when applied wet, it really does turn into a liquid eyeliner! That's what amazed me the most. I love the colors especially. My favorites would definitely have to be Drama Queen, Mistress, and Vamp. Also, as a reminder Vamp is just black so if you're a definite black eyeliner user and would like to try something different, try it out!

APPLICATION TIPS:
I suggest mixing a small amount of the mineral eyeliner powder and your choice of liquid to create the consistency you want. That way you don't have to keep dipping your brush into the powder 2 or 3 different times since it may waste product faster.
An angled brush or an eyeliner brush will work well for application. I used MAC 266.



(the camera didn't pick up the intensity of the color,
but it comes off really vibrant on your eyes)

TAKEN WITH FLASH

TAKEN WITHOUT FLASH



SMOOTH COLOR LIP CREAM
COST: Original price is $6 but it's on sale for $4.80
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4 out of 5
OVERALL: 4 out of 5
WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN? Yes

PROS:
Comes in a variety of colors
The consistency of it is like lip balm/chapstick
Feels moisturizing on the lips
Enhances your natural lip color almost like a tinted lip balm.
It's organic!

CONS:
It has a subtle orange scent to it which I don't really have a big problem with but I'm not to keen on strong scented lip products.

OVERALL:
This is something I would definitely throw in my purse or makeup bag when I'm on the go. Typically when I apply lip products, I moisturize my lips first and then I apply whatever lipstick or lipgloss I choose. But with this, you basically get 2 for the price of 1! I like that it enhances your natural lip color so when you're just looking for a moisturizer for your lips this will definitely do the trick as well as adding a nice tint.





DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

11 comments:

  1. thanks for the review, those liners look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice vibrant colors! Like the shine to it!
    Also like your eye liner, makes your eyes pop and looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tks for sharing, darl!

    loving those vibrant colors liner. will for sure check em out.

    p/s: audrey looks good on u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, thanks for the review! all of the products look really pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a soft spot for liners! i cannot survive a day without one..and the swatches are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those lip colors! thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the swatchies and tips for the eyeliners! Those colors are soo gorgeous & bright!!

    And the lippies are pretty sweet too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo really want to try the lip creams! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review, I'll definitely check this brand out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the eyeliners!

    j.lynne reminds me of britney spears's sister lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the liners still look very gorgeous on you im sure the camera doesnt show it that well lol cause cameras are liek that. great review!

    ReplyDelete