Connect

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Makeup Looks Over the Years

At first I wanted to do one whole post answering all the questions that people ask but I decided to separate some of them into different posts. A reader asked if they can see a time line of when I first got into makeup and my progression up until now. I've always been into makeup since I was in junior high but my "obsession" first began some time in 2006. I remember my first MAC collection that I ever purchased was the C-Shock collection! Anyway, let me just share with you how it all started.

I was first inspired by YouTube "Gurus" also known as Pursebuzz and Amy04. I remember one day I was bored on YouTube and I typed in MAC Cosmetics and these were the two, I'd like to say ORIGINAL, girls who came up with makeup tutorials before it became really mainstream. I began watching videos and I was hooked! I started making YouTube videos probably in 2007. I had about 900+ subscribers at the time but I decided to delete it. (It's a long story about why I deleted it!)

I started buying makeup almost once a week. I didn't have a job at the time so I would save chump change and use that to buy makeup. I was that addicted! So I played around with makeup every chance I could get. I was inspired by a lot makeup artists that I found on YouTube and on Myspace. I practiced more until I felt brave enough to start blogging again. At first I had a Xanga account which to me is completely mediocre compared to Blogger. I even had a VOX account but nobody I knew had one so I decided to switch to Blogger during mid 2008. And here I am today! Haha just kidding. I still practice makeup and I still have a lot to learn. I even have my days where I make mistakes and I end up removing all my makeup.

So the first minute or so of this video is a complete embarrassment! Haha! Really! My makeup skills was horrible! I couldn't believe that I felt confident enough to take pictures because at the time I thought it seemed decent. So enjoy and I hope you get a good laugh out of it as much as I did. (;

By the way, I'm using a new program to edit videos. My editing will suck since it's gonna take a lot of getting used to.



video