Connect

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Been 2 Years

I can't believe my blog turned 2 this month. It has come a long way and I honestly could not have done any of this if it wasn't for the support of my viewers. There were times where I almost wanted to stop my makeup blog all together but after realizing the growing number of viewers I've gotten since I've started my blog, I couldn't imagine quitting and leaving you all with nothing.

Some of you might not know this but I started "beauty blogging" way before Tina Marie Online was created. Believe it or not, I actually started off on YouTube back in 2006-2007! Within a few months of just having a YouTube account, I managed to get over 900 subscribers. But things changed and I deleted my YouTube account. Since then I never really thought about making a comeback into the YouTube scene. I'm perfectly fine where I am here on Blogger.

I get a lot of questions asking why I don't make YouTube videos. The reason why is because I feel like Blogger has a more tight-knit community as far as beauty blogging goes. And YouTube is more. . . all over the place! Not that that's a bad thing. I just rather keep my talent here on Blogger where everything is just simple and more discreet than YouTube. Plus, I'm uber camera shy! But in case I do decide to make YouTube videos, I just want to say that I would focus my channel more on makeup looks and tutorials rather than hauls and monthly favorites and all that. Because that sh*t gets annoying! =X

Anyway, now that it's been 2 years, I can't ever imagine stopping what I'm doing here. There may be times where I might not update as often as I should (which is living proof right now because I'm so horrible at updating this blog) but as far as actually quitting, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Makeup is my hobby. It's what I do when I have time for myself. I'm sure all you ladies concur! Not only is it a stress-reliever, but it makes us feel good about ourselves! I learned so much on my own with my makeup blog and honestly it's been so deserving. Having a makeup blog changed my life. And whether it changed my life in a miniscule way or not, the point is it did! I never would've had opportunities to meet people, to try new things, to actually know what it feels like to be a makeup artist, or to actually have someone call me a makeup artist! It's just insane and I'm so grateful.

I still have so much to learn. And everyday I'm learning new things. I still have yet to feel like I'm even good enough to use what I know out in the real world which is why I keep doing what I doing. If it wasn't for all the positive feedback I get from all of my loyal readers, I wouldn't feel motivated to keep blogging. Even though sometimes I feel like my makeup looks aren't as good as what I had intended, there's nothing I appreciate more than people taking the time to acknowledge my ability. In short, this is just my way of thanking everyone so much for their unconditional support. xoxoxo.