Connect

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Been 2 Years

I can't believe my blog turned 2 this month. It has come a long way and I honestly could not have done any of this if it wasn't for the support of my viewers. There were times where I almost wanted to stop my makeup blog all together but after realizing the growing number of viewers I've gotten since I've started my blog, I couldn't imagine quitting and leaving you all with nothing.

Some of you might not know this but I started "beauty blogging" way before Tina Marie Online was created. Believe it or not, I actually started off on YouTube back in 2006-2007! Within a few months of just having a YouTube account, I managed to get over 900 subscribers. But things changed and I deleted my YouTube account. Since then I never really thought about making a comeback into the YouTube scene. I'm perfectly fine where I am here on Blogger.

I get a lot of questions asking why I don't make YouTube videos. The reason why is because I feel like Blogger has a more tight-knit community as far as beauty blogging goes. And YouTube is more. . . all over the place! Not that that's a bad thing. I just rather keep my talent here on Blogger where everything is just simple and more discreet than YouTube. Plus, I'm uber camera shy! But in case I do decide to make YouTube videos, I just want to say that I would focus my channel more on makeup looks and tutorials rather than hauls and monthly favorites and all that. Because that sh*t gets annoying! =X

Anyway, now that it's been 2 years, I can't ever imagine stopping what I'm doing here. There may be times where I might not update as often as I should (which is living proof right now because I'm so horrible at updating this blog) but as far as actually quitting, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Makeup is my hobby. It's what I do when I have time for myself. I'm sure all you ladies concur! Not only is it a stress-reliever, but it makes us feel good about ourselves! I learned so much on my own with my makeup blog and honestly it's been so deserving. Having a makeup blog changed my life. And whether it changed my life in a miniscule way or not, the point is it did! I never would've had opportunities to meet people, to try new things, to actually know what it feels like to be a makeup artist, or to actually have someone call me a makeup artist! It's just insane and I'm so grateful.

I still have so much to learn. And everyday I'm learning new things. I still have yet to feel like I'm even good enough to use what I know out in the real world which is why I keep doing what I doing. If it wasn't for all the positive feedback I get from all of my loyal readers, I wouldn't feel motivated to keep blogging. Even though sometimes I feel like my makeup looks aren't as good as what I had intended, there's nothing I appreciate more than people taking the time to acknowledge my ability. In short, this is just my way of thanking everyone so much for their unconditional support. xoxoxo.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on year No.2!!! Im soooo happy you never gave up and continued to do what you love, you inspire alot of people including myself and I am very greatful that I found your blog!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your 2nd blogerversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 2nd blogversary! :) I'm really glad I found your blog, it's definitely become my fav blog for eye looks -- you are so inspirational!

    I'm the same way when it comes to youtube, I'm kind of hesitant to go on there because I feel like there's so many rude and mean people on there that will hate on you just because they can. I feel much more comfortable blogging, and I love the beauty blogging community :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 2 years! I'm glad you'll continue blogging, I love reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm sure there will be more years to come for yoU! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww yay! 2 years, i'd be so excited!
    :D yes youtube does get very annoying.

    also alot of'gurus' change once they start
    getting sponsored and stuff and it seems like
    its more of a duty to make the videos rather
    than it being the joy that it was meant to be
    at the beggining.

    well im happy for you, and best wishes for more
    and more years to come :D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on turning 2! You're doing a great thing sharing your looks, skills and reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... congratulations girl :) I'm a new follower! Hehe! I just started my own beauty blog because I found all you girls so inspiring. Plus, it seemed fun ^_^

    http://bathroom-dancer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your second year! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh congrats... =) I tagged u, check out my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 2 years of beauty blogging =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock girl!! I've learned so much from you, please don't quit on us anytime soon! In my book your one of the greatest! Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrads on your 2 years! I'm so glad you didnt stop your blog. I love reading your post and looking at your makeup looks! Your AWESOME girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats girl...i Love your blog to death...you are the most talented beauty blogger

    ReplyDelete