Connect

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sigma Brushes Review + Photos


You can find reviews for Sigma Brushes almost anywhere! Whether it's on YouTube or on someones blog, you can pretty much guarantee you'll find enough sufficient information about all of their brushes. I thought I would provide my own review for my readers about these brushes since they are highly talked about in the beauty blogging community.

Sigma Brushes are a brand of brushes that are of great quality at affordable prices that won't break the bank. Since receiving these brushes, I washed and used each one of them and I have to say that these brushes do work and perform well with great expectations. Many people believe these brushes are comparable to MAC brushes, and I couldn't agree more. The quality from the bristles to the handle are professionally made individually with great care.

I received the Sigma Essential Brush Kit (face + eyes) which included the brush roll. This kit contains 12 brushes (5 face brushes, 7 eye brushes) that sells for $99 including the brush roll or $79 without (someone correct me if I'm wrong). At this price, with such great quality, these brushes are well worth every penny.


F30 Large Powder
"Very Dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder porducts on face and body."
Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
Very soft bristles
How I use this brush: Setting loose and pressed powders.
Overall: 5/5
F50 Duo Fibre
"Specifically designed to generate an "airbrushed" finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, hihglight shades and loose pigments."
Made with synthetic and natural bristles
Maximum shedding of all brushes when washed (5+ bristles)
How I use this brush: Applying liquid foundation, blush, MAC MSF, and highlighting powders.
Overall: 4/5
 F40 Large Angled Contour
"This angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades."
Made with natural bristles
Hardly any shedding when washed (1 bristle)
Very soft bristles, less dense than MAC 168 brush.
How I use this brush: For contouring and highlighting.
Overall: 5/5
 F60 Foundation
"Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. It is also recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas."
Made with synthetic bristles
No shedding when washed
Very soft bristles
How I use this brush: Concealing large areas, applying foundation in tight areas such as the nose and under eye area.
Overall: 5/5
E55 Eye Shading
"Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid."
Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
Wider than MAC 239 but has the same use.
How I used this brush: Packing on color, applying a single color quickly and easily, applying pigment wet.
Overall: 5/5

E70 Medium Angled Shading
"Angled, tapered, flat top. Ideal to apply highlight shades underneath the eyebrow and on the inner corners. Can also be used to a precise application of darker shades on the crease area."

Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
How I use this brush: Applying a crease color in one quick easy step.
Overall: 5/5

E30 Pencil
"Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner."
Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
Less dense, more give and more pointy than
MAC 219.

How I use this brush: Smudging eye shadow on lower/upper lashline, defining crease.
Overall: 5/5

E40 Tapered Blending
"Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease."
Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
Supposedly MAC 224 dupe but completely different brushes, less dense, longer bristles, more fluffy.
How I use this brush: Blending colors together, blending harsh lines.
Overall: 4/5

E60 Large Shader
"Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers. It also works great with loose eye shadows or pigments. Can be used to apply color all over the lid or precisely on the lash line."
Made with natural bristles
No shedding when washed
How I use this brush: Applying primers, packing on eye shadow.
Overall: 5/5

F70 Concealer
"The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas."
Made with synthetic bristles
No fall out when washed
How I use this brush: Concealing under eye area and blemishes.
Overall: 5/5

E05 Eyeliner
"An extra-fine tipped synthetic fiber brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke to line the eyes."
Made with synthetic bristles
No shedding when washed
How I use this brush: For applying gel/cream liners.
Overall: 5/5

E65 Small Angle
"Essential for the application of gel or cream eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. This brush is also excellent for filling out the eyebrows."Made with synthetic bristles
No shedding when washed
How I use this brush: Filling in eyebrows even though I prefer my MAC 266.
Overall: 5/5



DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

16 comments:

  1. I love the Sigma brushes :) They are really made of good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina! : )

    The brushes look amazing! : ) I just wanted to drop by and say hi and let you know that I relaunched my blog.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the Duo Fibre brush!!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to get my hands on some Sigma brushes soon!:)

    Blanca
    http://blanca1018.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. how weird. i guess they must have changed the design of the ss224(E40) because i actually like the one i got more than my mac 224 because it was the opposite of what you said. LOL. mine is more dense, has shorter bristles and less fluffy than my MAC 224. then again, i have the old brushes from when they first came out so like i said, they probably changed it. hmm... now i want to buy one to see how different it is from the old one i have because if it is that different, that's unfortunate... it was one of my favorite blending brushes! =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about getting some Sigma brushes. I definitely might go ahead...from this review it seems well worth it :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to get my brushes in hehe. I really want to try the Large Angled Contour and Pencil brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try these brushes, I've read great reviews about them.


    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those brushes.Hey check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm, my E40 Tapered Blending sheds... maybe it's a different brush as i think the number looks different. Oh well. i find their brushes are hit and misses but overall, good value for money for those who haven't had a lot of brushes.

    thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome review...short and simple..direct to the point! I've been wanting to get this set.. Am I the only one who doesn't own these? :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess these brushes are hit or miss. Some like them and some don't. I guess I will have to try them out myself.

    Check out my giveaway please : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with what you said about the Tapered blending brush. I actually bought this set a few months back and was pretty disappointed in the Tapered blending brush. In most of the reviews I saw, the Sigma tapered blending brush was was much smaller and denser than the MAC. I really liked that because I needed a smaller brush to fit my crease. But when I got my set, it was way longer and fluffier than the MAC tapered blending brush. So I emailed them asking why it looked different from the one they had in their video review and they replied back,

    "The reason the ss224 is so much different is because we have updated it over time. We will send you one of the older style ss224s (shorter and denser version) immediately!"

    They were nice enough to send me the older version at no cost. Really good customer service. I really love the older version much more than the newer one. You should ask for it!!! lol...

    ReplyDelete