Connect

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Peachy Coral with Brown and Purple FOTD

 ** Please vote on the poll above! Your feedback is much appreciated! Thank you! :)

I have the most trouble naming my looks. I guess part of that is because when I'm actually gonna do my makeup, I don't have a set of colors planned out in my mind. (Sometimes I do but in this case I didn't) Usually I come up with just ONE color that I want to work with and then basically all the colors after that are just completely random and grabbed as I go along. So I had no idea how this look was gonna come out and honestly, I really like it. On top of that, I've gotten compliments on this look today so I was very pleased that this look was a success even though I never would've suspected that this color combination would've worked out.

I would say that this look is very wearable. The peach really makes your eyes pop but it's not an intimidating color to work with. Because although it is a bright color, it's still very usable for an everyday look. And because I love peach/coral colored eyeshadows, lips, and cheeks, I really wanted to make it stand out. So with that said, I hope you all like this look as much as I did even though I wasn't expecting to like it. :)





NATURAL LIGHT



BROWS:
NYC Browser brow kit

EYES:
UDPP in Eden applied as a primary base
MAC Painterly paint pot applied as a second base
MUFE No.5 eyeshadow applied to inner 2/3 of the eyelid
Glamour Doll Eyes Chocoholic eyeshadow applied to outer 1/3 of eyelid
Glamour Doll Eyes Tattoed eyeshadow applied above crease (and lower waterline applied wet)
Glamour Doll Eyes Dolly eyeshadow applied to inner corners
MAC Brule eyeshadow applied as a highlight
MAC Smolder eye kohl applied on lower waterline and lash line
L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner applied to upper lash line
Model 21 Lashes

CHEEKS:
MAC Hipness Blush

LIPS:
MAC Her Fancy lipstick
Revlon Coral Reef lip gloss