Connect

Saturday, February 16, 2013

London Soho New York Beauty Sponge Review


The London Soho New York Beauty Sponge is another great alternative to the Beauty Blender. (Click here to read my review on the LeCosmetique blending sponges, a great alternative to the Beauty Blender). For just around $7, I purchased my beauty sponge at my local Walgreens. I've actually been using this blending sponge for quite some time now, since last year I believe. Then I suddenly ran into an unopened box in my makeup drawer so I figured I would give it a review.

This beauty sponge is great for blending foundation onto the skin for a nice airbrushed finish. The point on both ends makes it easy to get into the hard to reach areas like under the eyes and on the sides of the nose. Unlike the blending sponge from LeCosmetique, this sponge is much pointier and it doesn't have a flat bottom. This sponge does expand when it is damp and it reminds of the tempurpedic memory foam mattress because it holds its shape for a few seconds when you squeeze it. I like to use the "press and roll" method when I use this sponge because I find I get the right amount of coverage without the cake! This is also great for applying loose powders under the eye when you're setting your concealer.

Some of the downfalls about this beauty sponge is that it doesn't have a flat side where you can "bounce" it on your face to distribute your foundation. Unless you use the side of it but I find that I'm not getting the same results as I would with the Lecosmetique blending sponge. Also, any products that gets onto it will stain the sponge and you're most likely not going to get the stain out. Trust me I've tried! Some products stain more than others so I would recommend using your finger or a brush to distribute the product and using the beauty spong to blend it all out. I find that this technique has the least amount of damage as far as staining goes.

I also noticed that this doesn't last nearly as long as the Lecosmetique blending sponge. After several uses of this sponge, it began to deteriorate. Unlike my Lecosmetique sponges, I've used them countless times and it still held its shape. Nonetheless, it's a really great product and a great alternative to the Beauty Blender for a much better price. As soon as this one gives out I'm definitely considering buying another one!


DISCLAIMER: THE PRODUCTS REVIEWED ON THIS BLOG ARE BASED ON THE OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE AUTHOR. THIS PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED BY THE AUTHOR AND IN NO WAY WAS THIS REVIEW INFLUENCED BY THE COMPANY OF THE PRODUCT.

No comments:

Post a Comment