Connect

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volum'Express Mascara Waterproof Review


Maybelline The Rocket mascara is said to provide eight times the volume for your lashes. You can find this at your local drugstore for around $6-$7. When I first saw this mascara I was intrigued by the packaging and the commercial. I'm sucker for these things, okay? I first noticed how the mascara wand reminded me of the Covergirl LashBlast mascara wand, which I love! Since my natural lashes are short, the oversized wand grabs onto my lashes better. So I bought this mascara thinking it would give my lashes the same outcome if not better. I did notice a slight difference between the two though. The Rocket mascara is more pointy and slightly a bit wider in my opinion.

I've been using this mascara for more than a week now so I think it's safe to give my honest review on it. Do you ever use a mascara for the first time and it's just not that great? I find that I have to use my mascara a few times in order for the mascara to form just the right consistency for me. That's how I felt about this mascara. I first used this mascara and thought, mehhh. Nothing too great. But the more I kept using it, the better the consistency became and the better it applied to my lashes.

As you can see in the photos below, this mascara is not meant for lengthening, at least not for me. I look for more volumizing mascaras so if your'e looking for a lengthening mascara then this might not be the one for you. I thought that this mascara held the curl quite nicely throughout the day. I didn't notice any flaking which I do experience with other mascaras such as Maybelline Plush Lash mascara.

The size of the wand is not too big and it's not too small that it's difficult to apply mascara. The size of the wand distributes mascara evenly throughout my lashes without clumping. I can get away with just doing one to two coats of this mascara without any clumping. I would definitely repurchase this mascara again as it's a close second to my favorite Covergirl LashBlast!



DISCLAIMER: THE PRODUCTS REVIEWED ON THIS BLOG ARE BASED ON THE OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE AUTHOR. THIS PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED BY THE AUTHOR AND IN NO WAY WAS THIS REVIEW INFLUENCED BY THE COMPANY OF THE PRODUCT.

1 comment:

  1. you have naturally gorgeous lashes! <3

    www.tammysfashioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete