Connect

Monday, November 17, 2008

Product Review: Ly-Na Pearl Cream

For starters, I've grown some major balls to post these pictures of myself without any make-up on. So what you are about to see may not be at all appealing. So if you just had a big dinner or if you're the type to get queezy fast, keep in mind that viewer discretion is advised. LOL. Haha just kidding. It ain't THAT bad! I hope...





PRODUCT DISCRIPTION:
Removes blackheads, pimples, ephelis and wrinkles.
If your acne becomes worse, it is because you haven't properly cleaned your skin prior to application.
When using this cream, protect your skin from sunlight.


ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
- Stearic Acid, Centanol, Lanolin, Glyceryl Monostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Sulfur, Perfume, Ion Exchange Water, Glycerine, Potassium Hydroxide, Pearl Powder.

CAN BE PURCHASED AT: Seafood City, other asian markets. veryasia.com, etc.
PRICE: $2.79
SIZE: 10 g
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5 out of 5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 3 out of 5
OVERALL RATING: 3 out of 5







HOW I USE THIS PRODUCT:
Cleanse face thoroughly
Spray face with water using spray bottle
Apply a lot of cream and massage onto face [applied heavily to certain areas]
Cleanse face the next morning

PROS:
Inexpensive
Leaves your face feeling soft & smooth
Brightens your face
Makes pimples less visible & removes redness from pimples


CONS:
Smells like an old lady [you get used to it so after a while it's not so bad]
Not easy to find, depends where you live
Packaging sucks & it's too shallow


OVERALL:
When I first bought this cream I was excited to try it since a lot of you ladies swear by it that it's the "holy grail". When I first tried it the first time, I didn't see much of a difference. Then Anne told me not to apply too much. So the next time I tried it, I made sure I applied only a thin layer. The next morning, still... no difference. So for about a week I stopped using it.


Then I saw that Iyah did a product review on this cream and the results were so crazy! Her face looked so good I was jealous. She told me she applies A LOT of this stuff to her face. So I thought that if it didn't work using a little bit of this product the first time, then maybe if I apply a lot of it, it'll work better. In the end it did clear up for the most part but just not completely. Which is why I give this product an overall 3 out of 5.

I still plan on using this product and I'm still hoping to see a difference. I also don't use it every night. I use it about 3 nights straight and I skip about another 3 nights and I continue using it again. Not only do I not want to make my face too white but it's also a pain to make sure you don't get it on your pillows when you're sleeping at night. Hehehe.


BEFORE

AFTER



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.