Connect

Monday, November 17, 2008

Product Review: Ly-Na Pearl Cream

For starters, I've grown some major balls to post these pictures of myself without any make-up on. So what you are about to see may not be at all appealing. So if you just had a big dinner or if you're the type to get queezy fast, keep in mind that viewer discretion is advised. LOL. Haha just kidding. It ain't THAT bad! I hope...





PRODUCT DISCRIPTION:
Removes blackheads, pimples, ephelis and wrinkles.
If your acne becomes worse, it is because you haven't properly cleaned your skin prior to application.
When using this cream, protect your skin from sunlight.


ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
- Stearic Acid, Centanol, Lanolin, Glyceryl Monostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Sulfur, Perfume, Ion Exchange Water, Glycerine, Potassium Hydroxide, Pearl Powder.

CAN BE PURCHASED AT: Seafood City, other asian markets. veryasia.com, etc.
PRICE: $2.79
SIZE: 10 g
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5 out of 5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 3 out of 5
OVERALL RATING: 3 out of 5







HOW I USE THIS PRODUCT:
Cleanse face thoroughly
Spray face with water using spray bottle
Apply a lot of cream and massage onto face [applied heavily to certain areas]
Cleanse face the next morning

PROS:
Inexpensive
Leaves your face feeling soft & smooth
Brightens your face
Makes pimples less visible & removes redness from pimples


CONS:
Smells like an old lady [you get used to it so after a while it's not so bad]
Not easy to find, depends where you live
Packaging sucks & it's too shallow


OVERALL:
When I first bought this cream I was excited to try it since a lot of you ladies swear by it that it's the "holy grail". When I first tried it the first time, I didn't see much of a difference. Then Anne told me not to apply too much. So the next time I tried it, I made sure I applied only a thin layer. The next morning, still... no difference. So for about a week I stopped using it.


Then I saw that Iyah did a product review on this cream and the results were so crazy! Her face looked so good I was jealous. She told me she applies A LOT of this stuff to her face. So I thought that if it didn't work using a little bit of this product the first time, then maybe if I apply a lot of it, it'll work better. In the end it did clear up for the most part but just not completely. Which is why I give this product an overall 3 out of 5.

I still plan on using this product and I'm still hoping to see a difference. I also don't use it every night. I use it about 3 nights straight and I skip about another 3 nights and I continue using it again. Not only do I not want to make my face too white but it's also a pain to make sure you don't get it on your pillows when you're sleeping at night. Hehehe.


BEFORE

AFTER



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.




18 comments:

  1. What do you mean it did not work? Look at your after pics girly! Those after pics look awesome! The blemishes cleared up pretty good. :) Yeah I used it for 3 straight nights, then after complaints from the husband and I was also under the sun too much, I skipped for 3 days then did it again :) I totally love lyna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see the results girl, i got me some pearl cream too but havent been using it at nite like i should, I need to though because my forhead is breaking out like a mofo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're gorgeous despite no makeup girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh a ly-na review!!! Your face is looking fantastic girl, and you look great w/out makeup too!! You're one of thoseee cute natural beauties too just like iyah!!

    ly-na def takes some getting used to, but heck - if it worked for lil ol ladies all these years, then it could work for us youngin's too right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm! everyone is speaking so highly of Lyna...EEKS! Should I get it?? ... seriously, the old lady smell that everyone is talking about turns me off.. puaha!

    OH goodness woman, you have nothing to be ashamed of with your no-makeup face! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can see a difference! he he, love the robe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the old lady smell!!

    You don't even look bad without makeup!

    And thanks for your kind words. I really am scared to lose him. He'd be the first one from my immediate family and it makes me soo sad just thinking about it :[. Like it wasn't even too long ago he was full of life and now he's on the brink of death and it scares the hell out of me!

    Anyways how have you been?? How are you and your bf? The holidays are coming up will you be visiting him or he visiting you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm i havent tocied at difference either :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgah, your no-makeup face is not bad at all! You don't want to see mine, it's terrible. :( I too have been using Ly-Na on & off for a couple months. I still haven't received the results everyone's been raving about! I think it's time to give up & move on. I'm glad it worked somewhat well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been using Pearl cream for a while now and i use it every night and i swear by it! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look terrific without makeup!

    the lyna cream is tempting! thanks for posting the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're still pretty without makeup :)

    i see a difference in the forehead, but not really on the cheeks, honestly. bc i guess i didn't see any discoloration on the "before" pics of your cheeks i guess. i really wanna try it but i don't want my face to get lighter! i wonder if i could use it on just my scars. and ughh i would hate having to watch out if it gets on my pillows or not. when i was younger and used to use toothpaste on my pimples (read it in a magazine ok, stop laughing lol), i'd wake up with white dots on my pillow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i didnt see this!
    how cute is this... u dont even look scaryy witout ur makeup =P haha still super cuteeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  14. what's the texture like? i've got a pearl cream from taiwan that's said to be similar to ly-na, but the texture is like waxy, not creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh i know righhtt ?! ORange is the new shit ! i used to hate orange cause i thought it made me look dark butt ;D now im in love wit

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see the difference, girl! Lyna does work! I still gotta go get me some! Cute robe, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to try the Lyna Pearl cream! But I'm a little hesitant because I really don't put a lot on my skin and I don't know if it's going to mess with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! I had the same reaction. I used the cream for a while, but NO RESULTS at all! Maybe I should put more on like you did.
    I get blemishes above my lip too. I HATE IT. Maybe I'll give Ly-Na another go! Let me know how you like it now, if you're still using it.

    -C

    ReplyDelete