Connect

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Product Review: Silk Elements

Woooo! My first product review. Not sure if I'm gonna keep doing reviews, I guess it all depends on what there is to review on. But I guess it won't hurt to inform people about different products that people may not be familiar with. I also said I was gonna do a review on the Ly-Na Pearl Cream but I've stopped using it for a while and I've just started using it again so I'm hoping to do a review on that soon.




Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme is an exceptionally rich hair moisturizer that helps transform dry, lifeless hair into soft, shiny manageable hair. [sallybeauty.com]


Contains olive oil and shea butter which helps restore hair's natural moisture balance
Protects from dryness and brittleness caused by thermal styling
Helps prevent breaking and split ends
Moisturizes and Conditions the hair and scalp


CAN BE PURCHASED AT: Sally's
PRICE: $4.99
SIZE: 8 oz.
VALUE FOR PRICE [worth its price?]: 5 out of 5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4 out of 5
OVERALL RATING: 4 out of 5



HOW I USE THIS PRODUCT:
Wash hair by shampooing and rinsing thoroughly
Ring out as much water as possible before applying conditioner
Take palm size full [or as much as desired]
Rub in conditioner from roots to ends
Rinse out after 3-5 minutes

PROS:
Has a pleasant smell to it
Inexpensive
Can be used on wet or dry hair
Leaves hair feeling smooth
Easy to manage after use

CONS:
None!


OVERALL:
I really like this product. When it comes to my hair, I'm willing to go the extra mile to keep it smooth, soft & healthy. I automatically noticed a difference after the first use. I use this conditioner every other time I wash my hair while replacing it with my regular conditioner. It leaves my hair smelling good and easy to comb through after I take a shower. I recommend this product to those who flat iron/blow dry their hair on a regular basis to bring back your hairs natural beauty. ;)



INGREDIENTS:
WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL ,CYCLOMETHICONE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLE ,CETYL ESTERS ,ARACHIS HYPOGAEA (PEANUT) OIL ,SORBITOL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL ,PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ,POLYACRYLAMIDE ,C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE ,METHYLPARABEN ,PROPYLPARABEN ,FRAGRANCE ,SILK AMINO ACIDS ,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) ,LAURETH-7 ,YELLOW 6 ,YELLOW 5



DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

17 comments:

  1. I'm adding you to my blog roll! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL!
    Did you get this at Sally's???
    I seen this around my house, maybe my mom bougt it. lols

    Good job for the product review, I hope you do more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoOoh where'd you buy this? I wanna try! =)

    I saw your pic with black hair and I think you look good with black hair too, my dear!

    I still don't have that Bamboo TABLET (not PALETTE). =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miss Tina I think you love stalking me through blogspot.. pUAHAHHA! I'm totally kidding...

    Umm, you still haven't told me where you found this conditioner woman! Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You product teaser... she posts all the good stuff with ZERO CONS, and no info where to buy it... HA HA HA

    That's an awesome way to drive us girls bonkers....

    I'm guessing Sally's too?!?!?

    It looks YUMMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hair is looking good. i might have to try this on my hair...

    ReplyDelete
  7. just wanted u to know changed my link girly!

    to www.hairstobeauty.blogspot.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that conditioner looks nice! I haven't been to Sally's in a long time, I should go & look for this! Thanks for the review, I could always use a new conditioner. I usually straighten my hair with my Chi everyday! Not good for my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need to head to sallys cuz i've been wanting a hair conditioner in a tub...the super moisurizing kind cuz my dyed locks are dying of thirst!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the nice comments!! The yellow thing I'm wearing is just a top. I got it at Charlotte Russe for like 10 bucks two years ago and never wore it out until this past Labor Day weekend!!! I'm so bad with clothes!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thanks girl! It's actually a little darker in person! It's like my lips, only better hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! that is some serious shine in your hair girl!?! i may give this a shot, im all about shiny healthy looking hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i loooove silk elements. that was really the only reason i liked working at sallys lol.
    your hair looks goood :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. uh oh tina! my makeup compare to urs... HELL NAHH!! hahahah but thanks.. n i swear how do u get it to stay on soOooo pigmented.. i know u use a lot of matte shadows rite.. wuts ur trick on gettin ur shadows to go on dark.. mines always so light but wen i test it on my hands its so much darker...

    ReplyDelete
  15. sooo i got Brown Down e/s from MAC to use on my eyebrows bc i needed a new browfiller so i wanted somethin new and wanted to try it out ;] its a good color and great consistency! whooo go tina! hahahaha =)

    but ive been tryin to look for a pic of that jacket but i cant find it anywhereeeeeee =/ hmph. i'll still try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. no dont say that! urs beyond good! i envy most of u bloggers! bOoo...

    ok another question...

    wut is a mixin medium? it makes ur shadows more pigmented as well?

    mac is too overpricd for me..
    im soOoo poor..

    most of my makeup is not that expensive haha

    ReplyDelete