Connect

Monday, May 24, 2010

MATTE EYES: Smokey Yellow

Blending matte colors together isn't always a piece of cake. It takes a lot of time and patience to really blend them together. If you don't spend enough time and effort blending matte colors, it'll end up looking streaky. Any of you have this same problem?

You can easily slap on two colors and blend them together and be done but to me, the gradient between colors won't be as perfect. There will always be a harsh line if you don't spend time blending. I guess that's the perfectionist side of me!

As easy as it may look, it takes me longer to blend matte colors. With this look I was literally sitting there just blending the black into the yellow (or yellow into black) with different brushes in my hand (MAC 217, 224 and two MAC 239 brushes). You would think so because the two are colors are nearly opposite of each other. I did as best I could to blend them together. I think it turned out okay.

I also used a light hand on the black which is why it appears to be grey.











EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in White applied all over lid up to brow bone
NYX White eyeshadow applied to brow bone and inner corners
MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow applied to the middle of the lid
MAC Carbon eyeshadow applied to outer corners and lower lash line
MAC Silver Fog pigment (LE) applied to inner lower lash line
Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner on upper lash line
Revlon Colorstay eyeliner on lower waterline

CHEEKS:
MAC Emote blush
MAC Ambering Rose blush

LIPS:
Rimmel lipstick in Vintage

17 comments:

  1. You can say that again about blending matte colors. I always love all the looks you do Tina. Always well blended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you did an amazing job on blending :) i get super lazy sometimes, so SOMETIMES i prefer to use just shimmery or whatnot colors.. i def want to start looking into matte shades though, it's a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful tina... i really love yellow these days.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as usual! I love it, I would be just as meticulous with blending I think. I am so jealous of all the lid space you have XD and your perfect eyebrows, gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color choice, teeners. youre so damn pretty. hoochie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! :) reminds me of killbill.. so sleek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is soooooooooooooo gorg....love the color combo...u r the best Tina, absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing look! The blending's perfect and I really like the lip color that you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. geez ur looks never ceases to amaze me..i wanna recreate this..as well as a bazillion of ur other looks ahaha :)

    thanks for sharing


    xoxo Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZINGLY HOT!! I love it! It's bold yet simple at the same time! And you blending is ALWAYS on point! No one does it like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look, I've never used yellow before, but this definitely inspired me to pick it up! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Babe you did a great job blending... and I'm soo jealous of your perfect eyebrows. I think I've said it like 10 billion times already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the 2nd to last picture, you look GAWJUS in it babe!! love love love. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree with you completely. mattes are definitely more difficult to blend together, but they're my favorite finish. =P i love this combo. it's bright but not POW! in your face bright. =] you look gorg! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful!
    i LOVE your eyebrows .. literally perfect.
    & you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooveee aaaall of your looks! Of course I'm following you!! kisses!

    ReplyDelete