Connect

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

LOOK: Plum & Orange Gradient

I had this idea of a look envisioned in my mind and it was done using these same colors but it didn't come out exactly as I had hoped. Nevertheless I really like how this look came out. I like it because I stepped away from using black eyeshadow, which is pretty much my "comfort blanket" color. When all things go wrong, just add black eyeshadow to make it smokey and I'm good. I almost busted it out but I'm glad I didn't. Even though this look is just okay to me, it is something I find different compared to MOST of the looks I do. I'm usually the type do a gradient from the inner to the outer corners. This time I went vertically which I don't do very often. I know I'm getting way too technical but I hope you know what I'm talking about haha! Anyway, hope you all like it. It isn't very visible when my eyes are opened so I made sure I had some head shots with my eyes closed to show you all. Enjoy! :)






False eyelashes from Elegant Lashes #15
MAC Underplay lipstick with Crescent lipglass

19 comments:

  1. I usually do gradients when I do smokey eyes, but haven't experimented with them as much otherwise. This looks so hot that I wanna try it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks gorgeous, i know what you mean... usually i want to just put black there to make it "complete" so ill put brown instead haha, a habit i cant and dont wanna kick..i havent done inner to outer gradient in a long while tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly ever do a top up gradient too but I'm glad you did! I actually love using an orange color on my skin tone so I may give this a try. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look, it looks soft but there's still colour (if that makes sense? lol) I like it!

    I know what you mean, I usually do inner to outer corner, I'm trying to do the vertical gradient, but II 'chicken' out and go to my comfortable inner to outer corner technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I really love that eye look! It has some colour, but is still totally wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful look! I love the colors<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i came across your blog recently and went through alllll the entries haha!! you are gorgeous, and i adore all your makeup looks! the colors here are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!!!!! I love how it look girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! this is a very nice summer look...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impresionant look and amazing blog!

    Follow you! :D

    My blog: http://keyramu.blogspot.com/

    It's new! KISS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following you on Tumblr. You are so gifted woman! They say practice makes perfect but I can't seem to get it right ;[ .. But anyway, I love your work! Keep 'em coming =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @RUTHIE THANKS BABE! PRACTICE DEFINITELY MAKES PERFECT! YOU'LL GET THERE TOO! I'M STILL TRYING TO GET BETTER MYSELF HAHA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tina! What kind of look would you do for an anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @RUTHIE I WOULD GO WITH SOMETHING SULTRY LIKE A BROWN SMOKEY EYE.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautifull!but, you could writte the how to or do a tutorial...

    ReplyDelete