Connect

Friday, July 1, 2011

Look Using Senna Cosmetics + Review, Photos & Swatches

I've heard beauty bloggers talk about Senna Cosmetics and how great their products are so I was really excited to have the opportunity to try some of their products myself. I'm completely honest when it comes to doing product reviews especially for items that are sent to me from the company. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm being biased. So when I say that a product is amazing, I really mean it! And upon reviewing Senna Cosmetics, I have to say that I completely love the quality of their eyeshadows. Their price range is a little on the expensive side but in all honesty, you get what you pay for! If you haven't tried Senna Cosmetics, click here to find a retailer near you!



Malachite  Frosty teal

Bewitched  Dark chocolate brown with gold shimmer

Vivid  Bright metallic purple

Malachite, Bewitched, Vivid / No base ($16.50)
Thoughts  The vibrancy of these shadows are AMAZING. I really did not expect these shadows to give off so much color especially with very little effort. Just one swipe and you literally get amazing opacity. These shadows are pigmented and they blend well together. You get just a little bit of fall out but that's usually expected when it comes to really vibrant shadows that have shimmer. They don't crumble or feel powdery at all. The texture of them is soft enough to build on color but manageable enough that it doesn't brush off. I would say Malachite is definitely the most pigmented out of the three. Bewitched required more layers to build up because it has a more dryer texture than the other two. Vivid looked brighter in the packaging than it did when it was swatched but is still a pretty purple color.  

Kissy/Alabaster ($19.00)

Lip Laquer: Super delicious vanilla flavor, amazing lasting power, and full-textured but never sticky formula in the richest colors this side of the rainbow makes this the lip lacquer of choice for any serious lip gloss lover. The icing on the cake is that it conditions lips with Vitamin E and Jojoba.
Thoughts  I have to disagree with their "never sticky formula" because it is quite a bit on the sticky side. It's not unbearable but I do prefer a thinner consistency. You can also see that it's not the most pigmented lipgloss either. So I prefer to wear it on top of lipstick or alone if I just want a little shine. It lasts a couple of hours without drying out my lips and it's definitely moisturizing.

Shade 2 ($22.00)

Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer: This anti-aging neutral cream eye shadow primer contains a potent vegetable ogliopeptide from natural hibiscus that functions in much the same way that Botox injections do, but without the pain and loss of facial expression! Helps firm and smooth the eyelid while minimizing lines and wrinkles. Helps cover discolorations such as redness, darkness, or irregular pigmentation. Prepares the eyes for eye shadow application. Eye colors look richer and more true, and they last longer.
Thoughts  This primer offers very minimal creasing. It has a thick and creamy consistency so a little bit goes a long way. I prefer to use it on top of my Urban Decay Primer Potion just so I'm extra sure that my shadows won't crease especially since I have really oily eyelids. But it's definitely good enough to wear alone underneath your eyeshadow. It does not apply transparent but it dries to an opaque cream-tone finish. It's easy to blend onto your eyelids and you can use it more than just eyeshadow primer! You can also use it as a corrector and for creating a smoother canvas before makeup application.








DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!..Malachite eyeshadow is gorgeous..Love the colour..Very pigmented.. You look absolutely gorgeous with red hair hun..Love your makeup look..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  2. RED HAIR!! sexy!! OMgosh their eyeshadow packaging are so cool!! =) Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVES IT GIRL! Looks like really good products. THanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Senna Cosmetics! They have amazing products! I bought Vivid at IMATS last weekend and I'm loving it!

    Your puppy is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, yours eyes look even more gorgeous with those colors; love, love, LOVE them! ♥

    ReplyDelete