Connect

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Series 3: Wet N Wild Greed Palette Look & Tutorial

I decided to do a series of looks using each of the Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palettes (6 Pan). These shadows are really inexpensive and made with really great quality. Each color has amazing pigmentation with  smooth and rich, but never powdery texture. With a mixture of both matte and shimmer eyeshadows, there are endless possibilities to create different looks just by mixing and matching different colors from each palette. Within the next upcoming posts I'll be focusing on creating a look using each palette and working with some (or all) of the 6 colors. Greed is a palette that really caught my attention because I never thought of putting these types of colors together. Unfortunately I didn't have the best luck with this palette. At first sight I thought the colors were really elegant and I thought the colors would be vibrant. The colors turned out to be just okay. I had this look in my head but when I tried to recreate it, it just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. The shimmer colors were the most disappointing because they had the least pigmentation. Overall, this palette would go great for something to wear everyday. I almost didn't want to do a tutorial for it because it didn't seem "tutorial worthy" but since I promised you guys this, here it is! For anyone who has tried this palette or plans to, I hope that you have better luck with it than me. Enjoy! Note: I'll be doing a product review for the lenses I'm wearing in this look. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. the look is very subtle and i kinda like it. But im sure it wont show on me cos of my dark skin. loved the first 2 wet n wild palette series though. pity i cant seem to find them here in Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so gorgeous :)
    can you do a tutorial on your brows?
    or if you have can you comment the link on my blog? :)

    thanks<3
    -marla
    marlaandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! i think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bonito!!!!!


    Saludos

    http://ginger-maquillajealos50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think it's gorgeous! I hear you on the pigmentation issue, this was the only palette I picked up and the pigmentation was just so so and then the shimmery black broke. Ah sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your looks! seriously, and thank you for posting a step by step youtube tutorial :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as always! I have this palette and I didn't know how to create a look with it. I love the smokey look, your blending is perfection. I really realllyyyyy want to know what lenses you're wearing! They look so good on you. I will stay tuned for the review :).

    ReplyDelete