Connect

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Series 3: Wet N Wild Greed Palette Look & Tutorial

I decided to do a series of looks using each of the Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palettes (6 Pan). These shadows are really inexpensive and made with really great quality. Each color has amazing pigmentation with  smooth and rich, but never powdery texture. With a mixture of both matte and shimmer eyeshadows, there are endless possibilities to create different looks just by mixing and matching different colors from each palette. Within the next upcoming posts I'll be focusing on creating a look using each palette and working with some (or all) of the 6 colors. Greed is a palette that really caught my attention because I never thought of putting these types of colors together. Unfortunately I didn't have the best luck with this palette. At first sight I thought the colors were really elegant and I thought the colors would be vibrant. The colors turned out to be just okay. I had this look in my head but when I tried to recreate it, it just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. The shimmer colors were the most disappointing because they had the least pigmentation. Overall, this palette would go great for something to wear everyday. I almost didn't want to do a tutorial for it because it didn't seem "tutorial worthy" but since I promised you guys this, here it is! For anyone who has tried this palette or plans to, I hope that you have better luck with it than me. Enjoy! Note: I'll be doing a product review for the lenses I'm wearing in this look. Stay tuned!