Connect

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why I Love Forest Green Pigment

I love love loooove Forest Green pigment [LE]. It's one of my favorite pigments & one of my favorite green colors. It's a little hard to work with because a little goes a very long way. And since this color is so bold & dramatic, I purposely neglect it. But I chose to bring it out before it collected more dust than was needed. And after doing this look, I was just reminded how much I love this color.



I'm not sure if this pigment is LE because I saw a full size jar somewhere online. It might be a PRO color. I'm not sure. Do any of you ladies know? Or if there's an eyeshadow similar to this color. Let me know!

Anyway, I fell in love with this pigment when it came out with the Curiositease collection last November. I remember this MAC MUA had it on with some plum color eyeshadow and I always wanted to try to pull off the look. And again, I failed. Lol.

Oh well. Here goes my attempt. Not as great as hers. I wish I had a visual in my head but it was so long ago, I don't remember how it looks anymore.


I did these swatches when the collection first came out
& when I was still using xanga. lol.




The green doesn't look blended in this picture.
But it's actually the flash from the camera.


EYES:
UDPP as a base
NYX White e/s all over lid & brow bone
NYX Jumbo e/s Pensil in Black Bean all over lid
MAC Carbon e/s all over lid
MAC Plum Dressing e/s above crease
MAC Passionate e/s blended w/ Plum Dressing
MAC Forest Green pigment all over lid [applied wet] & lower lashline
Maybelline Expert Eyes eyeliner in Velvet Black on waterline
MAC Brown Down e/s to fill in eyebrows
Ardell Lashes #?

FACE:
Noevir Replenishing Moisturizer #99
MAC Studio Fix FluidMAC Studio Finish concealer
MAC Ambering Rose blush
MAC Fix+

LIPS:
I forgot! sorry.

34 comments:

  1. no matter what it still looks good to me! soo fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love the colors!!! very nice look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forest green IS very sexy. You can wear it a lot more often with the holidays coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. like always ur looks come out gorgeous...
    I love they way u post ur pix..so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gahhhhd so beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so rock this piggie mama! Totally hot! I love it on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! YOU look HAWT!
    I love how you do your eyeshadow, always so vibrant yet wearable!

    You're amazing!!!
    Can you mine too (*c*)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum.. I love these colors!!! Very colorful, yet wearable...I mean at least I would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the look is intense! I'm going to steal this from you. =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your eye make up!! So pretty and the blending is great!!! I know how bad green looks with a flash!!! LOL I can imagine how much prettier it'll look in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is very pretty! i love all the colors blended together =D awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always just have a way of just making colors POP OFF, in the most amazing ways girl, im beyond envious of your skills -- thank god for blogger so you can share your talents on us makeup dorks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. im loving these colors.
    i feel like im repeating myself everytime i comment on your fOTD pictures.
    you always choose awesome color combos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the color combo is SO BEAUTIFUL & looks amazing with your red hair! your skin looks absolutely flawless!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW i love this look! so pretty! i remember i wanted forest green so bad but never got it =( i think it is a pro color. when you do the tape technique do you have the tape on right from the beginning or after you're done with the lid color?

    anyways, i really don't like my eyebrows. they're very uneven and it takes me a while to make them look even lol. i like YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh sooo pretty! i really want to try that!

    xoxo,
    La C,

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the look. how do u aplly your pigments? i just bought some from mac and idk what to do lol! or what brush to use. oh my 5year old niece said she likes the color...she's very picky about makeup lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is TOOO fuckn gorgeous!!! AHH! =DD

    ReplyDelete
  19. how prettyyy .. its dramatic look! howd u do this? crazy!! i like=P

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it looks gorgeous! I love the plum & green combo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. man ur so talented! gah tina! your my role model :) hahah.

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omgosh! That EOTD is soooo freakin hot!! so pretty! :D I wanna know how do you do your pictures like that! ahhh! :D I love it! :D

    btw, I'm from San Bernardino County :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. FUCKIN GORGEOUS!!! Girl I love this look! Makes me wanna run out and find that Forest Green pigment!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. doesn't matter what you wear you look pretty with literally anything!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow this is so gorgeous! i kinda did a similar look using humid e/s and club e/s on top, might not be exactly the same but kinda, ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahh! that's what that green's called! i've seen it on someone but didn't have the balls to ask! now i know

    i wanttttttt :(!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely eyes! i think i'm pigment retarded cause i rarely use mine.. maybe i just need to experiment more... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty for the 28th time!! hehe Love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. man.... i can't wait to see all your looks with the new CS palette girl. gonna be YUM-O

    and I dont know how I came up with Haul-e-Day... lol -- i guess cuz i was listening to Madonna's Holiday, and was posting my haul on blogger so it just hit me. I figured eh- why NOT.... ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  30. youre really good with makeup. awesome blending.. =) and very pretty too. maybe ill try something like that for the holidays and post it up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is sooo pretty. i'm gonna try it

    ReplyDelete
  32. ooh i love your photo editing! what do you use? I only know of picnik.com

    ReplyDelete