Connect

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TUTORIAL: Smokey Blue Eyes

Here's the look we're going for....


I uploaded a video version of this tutorial and I don't like how it turned out. I look way dark in the video! Does anyone know how to fix that? Anyway, hope you enjoy the tutorial. (:



First apply your base.
I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.


Apply a white base on top.
I used NYX jumbo e/s pencil in Milk.


Apply a light blue eyeshadow above your crease.
I Used MAC's Aire-de-Blu pigment.


Apply a darker blue eyeshadow to your entire lid and blend up.
I used NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Space.
(this color also has a hint of purple in it)


Apply a dark blue/purple eyeshadow to your outer corner.
I used a color from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette.


It should look like this...


Apply a white eyeshadow to your inner corner.
I used NYX eyeshadow in White.


It should look like this...


With an angeled brush, draw a wing with black eyeshadow.
I used MAC #266 brush.


With the same brush, apply it to your crease.
With a pencil brush, soften out the line.
I used MAC #219 brush.
Apply the same dark blue/purple eyeshadow above your crease to blend out any harsh lines.


Redefine your crease with an angled brush.


Apply a highlight color to your browbone.
I used MAC eyeshadow in Nylon.
Apply your choice of eyeliner, mascara & false eyelashes.
I also applied the same lid & crease color to my lashline.


THE FINISHED LOOK!




Without flash...