Connect

Friday, January 21, 2011

Updated Eyebrow Tutorial Version 3.0!

I'm back again with yet another updated eyebrow tutorial. I think this is my third time doing a tutorial except it's the same routine as the recent one I had, I just decided to redo them with different pictures. I'm also using the same products listed below. So as you can see I've been using this technique for about a year now and you can tell that nothing has changed!

For those who are wondering, I don't get my eyebrows professionally waxed, plucked, or threaded. I pluck my own eyebrows as often as necessary. I usually pluck them before I start my makeup. I also trim my eyebrows with scissors every few weeks and I shave the tops of my brows for a more clean look. I don't usually have a time when I do trim them I just trim them whenever I feel like they're getting too long. It seems like a lot of steps to filling in my eyebrows but honestly it takes me no more than 5 minutes. Especially if you've been doing them the same way for as long as I have then it's gonna be cake every single time. But anyway, I hope you all learn something from this tutorial. Enjoy!

Tools For Grooming Eyebrows:
Tweezers to pluck stray hairs.
Eyebrow razor to shave the top of your brows for a cleaner look. It can also be used to shave in between your brows if you have a uni-brow. You can use any brand you like. I bought mine at a dollar store and it works the same as any other kind.
Small scissors to trim your brows if the hairs are too long.

What You Will Need To Fill In Your Eyebrows:

Spoolie
2 angled brushes
N.Y.C. Brow/Eye Liner Pencil in Taupe #927
N.Y.C. Browser in Brunette
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Tutorial: 
Here are my eyebrows with no product on them.

STEP 1. By following the natural shape, I draw a straight line on the upper part of my eyebrows, beginning from the inner part and stopping at the arch.
STEP 2. I do the same to the lower part of my eyebrows, stopping at the arch.
This is how it should look like so far.
STEP 3. Fill in between the two lines you just created with soft strokes and keeping the inner part still bare.
STEP 4. Take your spoolie brush (MAC 204) and brush the hairs to create a natural look. This will also bring more color to the inner part.
This is how it should look like so far.

STEP 5. Apply a thin amount of wax and brow powder to your angled brush (MAC 266) and starting from the upper part of your arch, create the tail of your brows.
STEP 6. Repeat Step 5 on the lower part of your eyebrows.
STEP 7. Without using anymore product, lightly shade in the remaining part of your brows.
This is how it should look like so far.
STEP 8. With another angled brush (Sigma E65) take a little bit of concealer and run in under your brows for a clean look.
STEP 9. Repeat the Step 8 for the upper part of your brows.

Finished Brows!





21 comments:

  1. very nice tutorial, your eyebrows look gorgeous! such a nice arch that complements your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u have great brows!! and great technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you include using concealer under the brows as part of the tutorial. It's easy to forget that step but it makes a HUGE difference- at least with me. It really cleans everything up! Thanks for sharing the way you do it.

    w/love,
    http://soprettysoclassic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clean! You make it look so easy! LOL! I have to get mine's waxed, otherwise it's a bushy jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh, I've been shading the inner bits and wondering why my brows looked harsh sometimes. Awesome advice! Your brows are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial! I kinda like this one more than the previous one. Your brows look more full and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips. I will try doing my brows your way today to see how they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, I like this one better than your other brow tutorial! It looks more soft and natural, and frames your face perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tut! I so needed a refresher on this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how our technique evolves. i started using brow pencil before powder, but now i'm using both like you do. i need to update my brow tutorial! thanks for sharing beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally in love with your brows, just like I always have been but somehow I love them even more now :D I have to do an updated tutorial too! I just wish my right brow would grow in a bit...I had an accident lol! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyebrows look beautiful. I'm one of those girls who are always neglecting my eyebrows.. I only pluck and clean them up like once every two weeks or so and always forget to fill them in. =S

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting! i don't think i've ever LOOKEd at the NYC brow products but now i think i will have to :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey im new to your blog and i LOVE this post on eyebrows. its great because they still look so natural.

    your gorgeous!

    have to go and have a look at all the other posts now :)

    Anastasia-Evangaline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a hella good tutorial! Thank you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pics and the instruction! Awesome tutorial...will give this a try! Nice trick with the concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your brows! Great tutorial babes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! I love the way you do your eyebrows and the way they look. Really simple, and they look natural. Thanks for posting a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love how clean your brows look they just look so nicely done. really professional looking. :) i am definitely going to try doing it the way you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the tutorial!!! can you let us know what eyelashes you were wearing as well?

    ReplyDelete