Connect

Saturday, October 22, 2011

One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment Review

Argan Oil Treatment is a non-greasy, alcohol-free formula that is absorbed instantly into the hair, creating a brilliant shine without leaving any oily residue. Smoothes the cuticle for silky, conditioned and healthy-looking hair. Helps protect against damage caused by chemicals, excessive heat from styling and environmental factors. Eliminates frizz.
I decided to purchase Argan Oil because I heard so many amazing things it does for your hair. I didn't purchase this right away because I've been a long time user of Biosilk but after using this product just once, I was already hooked! Now that I've been using this for several weeks now I think it's safe to say that I probably won't rely on any other serum or oil treatment for my hair unless I find something better. But why ruin a good thing right? :)

Since I did a review on this product on Beautylish a lot of people have asked me how it compares to Moroccan oil. As it states on the bottle, Argan Oil is derived from Moroccan Argan Trees but I've never tried Moroccan oil itself. So I can't differentiate between the two, though I've heard great things about both of them.



AVAILABILITY:  Sally Beauty Supply
PRICE: $9 USD
SIZE: 100 ml / 3.4 fl. oz
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4/5
APPLICATION: 5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 5/5 


PROS:
□ A little product goes a long way
□ Hair feels soft and silkly
□ Keeps hair free from tangles through out the day
□ Pleasant scent
□ Alcohol-free (less drying for your hair)
□ Does not make hair look greasy
□ Can be applied to wet hair for easy brushing/combing
□ Hair feels lighter and bouncier
□ Maintains its shine
□ Protects color-treated hair
□ Controls frizz
□ Can be used as a heat protectant
□ Long-term conditioning
□ UV protection
□ Protects your hair against other chemicals

CONS:
□ None!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
□ This is definitely a product that I would recommend to anyone as I don't see how you can go wrong with this product since there's nothing but good things about it! I would encourage those who have dry, frizzy, hard to manage hair to purchase this because it has made all the difference on my hair. If you've been a long time user of Biosilk like I have or if you've never used anything in your hair before, you'll be amazed how much better your hair will look and feel after you put Argan Oil in it. 

□ Since I've used this product religiously after washing or styling my hair I noticed that it doesn't just improve the look and feel of my hair up until I have to wash it again. I noticed that it also improves the look and feel of my hair even after I haven't even applied it yet. So I think it's very beneficial for your hair for a lot longer than you have it on. My hair is usually really coarse and frizzy when my hair is dry from washing it but since using Argan Oil my hair has "naturally" tamed itself.

□ I really like the design of the opening because it doesn't require you to squeeze the product out which would lead to excess product in your hair. That's why at first when I purchased it I didn't think it would last me that long considering how much you get and the length of my hair. But I usually just tap the bottle in the palm of my hand until I feel like I have a good amount for my hair. Remember a little bit goes a long way!




DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'll have to get over to the Beauty supply store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this stuff. I started out with a trial size...used every drop and ran out to buy the full size. It smells amazing and definitely makes my hair feel softer/healthier and look shiny! Great review : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ALWAYS looking for new hair products for my unruly dry frizzy coarse hair. LOL I loved It's a 10 but I didn't love the price tag. I have since started using something I found at Walmart but it is irritating my skin :( So my search continues LOL Can this be used as a heat protectant?

    ReplyDelete