Connect

Friday, October 21, 2011

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Review


Do you have oily skin like I do? Well this powder has been my holy grail and has worked incredibly on my T-zone. I know this product isn't technically brand new to most of you but I felt like I should have my own review on it since I've been using it for a long time now. 

I've always set my foundation with powder but whatever I would use would never really last a sufficient amount of time for me on its own. On top of that, I really hated the idea of having to bust out my compact all the time just to control my shine.

I can't remember when I first started using the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder but so far it's been one of the best I've tried! I don't get as oily as I used to but I still get shiny from time to time and this powder works amazing when it comes to mattifying my face! I find myself only touching up with this powder just once when I'm out. Sometimes I'll do it twice but that's usually because I know I'm going to be out all night as well.

*Note: I don't use this to set my foundation. This is only my touch up powder that stays in my purse. :)



AVAILABILITY:  Local drugstores (e.g., Walmart, CVS, Target, etc.)

PRICE: $6-$7 USD
SIZE: .32 oz / 9 g
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4.5/5
APPLICATION: 5/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4.5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 5/5

PROS:
□ Great for people with oily skin
□ Helps control shine
□ Does not require very much touching up
□ Does not feel cakey
□ Did not experience any breakouts [results may vary between users]
□ Affordable and easily available
□ Very sheer and light coverage
□ Does not oxidize [results may vary]

CONS:
□ Not recommended for people with dryer skin types
□ The packaging! I don't like the swivel concept on the mirror part of the compact. I get that it's innovative but it always opens up. I just need something simple. I could break it off if I wanted to since I don't really need that part of the compact. :P

FINAL THOUGHTS:
□ If you're looking for something with good coverage, this product is not for you. I'm in the shade Beige and even though it looks a lot lighter than my skin, the sheer coverage makes it a good color choice for me. This powder stays in my makeup bag that I bring along with me everywhere I go. Even though I don't need to rely on it every hour because of its longevity, there's always those moments where I need it. For example, if I'm out with friends and we're going to take pictures then I'll do a quick touch up just to be safe!




DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this product as a setting powder & for touch ups. Whenever I use this by itself I always break out though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is the bomb! I'm going to get a back up b/c they discontinue all the products that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the review. :)
    my t-zone gets shiny all the time. i should check this out.
    it's usually difficult for me to find a right shade from maybelline, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do perfer sheer coverage as it looks less "cake like", this seems like a decent product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I used it I remember it caking on me. That or it would settle in my lines and I'd literally have lines on my face. And I would usually have to touch up every couple hours through out the day. =[

    ReplyDelete
  6. They need to come up with darker shades :( I bought the darkest shade they have a long time ago and it was too light for me so I had to return it. I wanted to love it so bad lol.

    ReplyDelete