Connect

Friday, November 11, 2011

Elf High Definition Powder Review




The e.l.f. High Definition Powder is a translucent, versatile loose powder that creates a flawless, "soft focus" effect to the skin. Masks fine lines and imperfections for a glowing, radiant complexion. This incredibly soft and invisible powder is ideal for everyday wear, either alone or over foundation. 
The microfine particles are designed to be used with high-definition camera technology or for everyday wear. Apply powder all over the face for a professional and youthful look of perfection.

INGREDIENTS: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica.
AVAILABILITY:  eyeslipsface.com
PRICE: $6 USD
SIZE: 3.5 oz
VALUE FOR PRICE: 5/5
APPLICATION: 5/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4.5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 5/5 



PROS:
□ Very smooth, velvety texture
□ Face looks softer and smoother
□ Creates a flawless finish
□ Pores appear smaller
□ Makeup does not settle into fine lines
□ Keeps makeup in place
□ Helps to mattify the face
□ A lot of product in the jar
□ Lightweight
□ Translucent finish, great for different skin tones
□ Inexpensive alternative to high-end setting powders (e.g., MAC Prep + Prime and MUFE HD Powder)

CONS:
□ Messy
□ Packaging is slightly bulky
□ Does not control shine throughout the day
□ Can leave a white cast
□ Can look cakey if too much is applied

FINAL THOUGHTS:
□ As it states on their website it is great for photographing because it gives your skin a nice radiant look to it but I find that it doesn't last all day for me. Using it to set your makeup works great but if you tend to get oily throughout the day then you'll probably need to touch up after a couple of hours. I recommend this for all skin types but I suggest those who have dryer skin to use less because it can look heavy if too much is applied.

□ It's a little bit bothersome to see a white cast on my face because when I photograph myself there's an apparent difference between my face and my neck (which I hate!) So after doing a lot of trial and error I find that using less is more in my case. I like to use a fluffy brush to apply this powder all over my face such as Sigma's Kabuki Buffer Brush.


DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.


5 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I used this product for my sister-in-law's wedding (she didn't want to spend too much money on her makeup), and I was sad to see her face looked white in photos. I also dislike the packaging - it's almost impossible not to make a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for your review on this.
    this reminds me of chacott powder in translucent which is my favorite. maybe this powder would be a nice alternative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! i have this and i really like it. you are right about less is more. i don't apply to much because it will leave a white cast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this powder, but damn it's messy!

    ReplyDelete