Connect

Monday, November 21, 2011

Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Flared Waterproof Review


 No mascara

 One coat

Two coats
What it claims:
 Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of more lashes.
□ Patented Spoon Curler brush loads every lash with flexible-hold formula to instantly build volume that goes up and out at corners.
To use: For best results, apply the Spoon Curler brush with the spoon side against the lashes then flare outwards with the side from root to tip.

This is once again another product that's been given a lot of hype and I fell victim to what others say about this. Though I use false eyelashes most of the time, I do prefer to have a decent mascara for those days that I don't feel like wearing any. After testing this product out I'm not so sure I'll be repurchasing this one in particular. Luckily I believed the hype when people claimed how amazing Covergirl LashBlast mascara was so I'll be sticking with that instead. :)

AVAILABILITY:  drugstores (Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc.)
PRICE: $4-6 USD
SIZE: .35 fl oz. / 9.4 ml
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4.5/5
APPLICATION: 3.5/5
PACKAGING: 4/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 3.5/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 3/5 


PROS:
□ Adds volume
□ Holds curl
□ Separates lashes
□ Spoon shaped curler helps coat every lash

CONS:
 Minimal lengthening
□ Formula was too dry
 Lashes started to clump after the first coat
□ Lashes looked uneven

FINAL THOUGHTS:
□ I recommend this for people who have very short lashes because dryer mascara would stick better to thinner, shorter lashes. If you already have naturally long lashes then this could work for you if you're just looking for volume. When it comes to mascara I prefer a wetter formula because dryer mascaras clump easily for me and it makes my lashes look like tarantulas, and typically they offer very little length. :(

□ I also noticed that rather than coating and combing through my lashes consistently it made them look really messy and uneven. Some lashes were longer and some didn't have as much volume or length. That's definitely something to gripe about this product considering it's meant to give you the "falsies" look.


DISCLAIMER: The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. This product was purchased by the author and in no way was this review influenced by the company of the product.

5 comments:

  1. I have the regular Falsies version and I'm a big fan of that one. I have tried the other two versions (flare and lace or something?) and I wasn't a big fan of either.

    I do however, notice the "uneven lashes" thing, lol. I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the nonflare falsies, but i have short lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'll stick with the regular Falsies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! its fantastic & looking good. thanks !!

    ReplyDelete