Connect

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Trend: Bold Lips (Mixing Lip Colors)

Wearing bold lips is just as fun as wearing dramatic eyes. It's nice to step away from your basic smokey eye for Fall and replace it with a bold lip instead. It's also fun to custom make your own lip colors (I do this all the time) into a new shade for you to wear and that's what I did for this lip color.

I wanted a really deep, dark red, plummy lip color so I decided to combine Wet N Wild Vamp It Up and Red Velvet Mega Last Lip Color. Vamp It Up is definitely a difficult color to pull off if it's not Halloween. That's why I paired it with another color to make it more appropriate for daily wear!

I also wanted to keep the eyes very minimal since the lips were the main focus of the look. That's why I went with really soft eyes with barely any color in my crease, clean winged eyeliner, and wispy lashes. :)

Vamp It Up, Red Velvet

Red Velvet + Vamp It Up = Perfect vampy lips!



EYES:
□ MAC Painterly Pot
□ MAC Saddle eyeshadow (crease)
□ MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (lid)
□ MAC Tempting eyeshadow (lower lash line)
□ MAC Carbon (outer lower lash line)
□ Wet N Wild Creme Eyeliner
□ Random false eyelashes

BROWS:
□ NYC Brow Pencil in Taupe
□ NYC Browser Brow Kit

CHEEKS:
□ MAC Gingerly blush

LIPS:
□ Wet N Wild Vamp It Up lipstick
Wet N Wild Red Velvet lipstick

8 comments:

  1. thanks for this.
    i've craving for deeper more vibrant lip colors lately..just that i have hard time pulling the look! ;(
    i think it's quite difficult for me to balance out with eyes and cheek without doing too much. any suggestion? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look! Even the lip colors are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I secretly love all your eye makeup looks. Your colour combos are the best but I hardly ever comment.
    These lipstick colours alone look okay, but together the colours are HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this combination is gorgeous! i love it with your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty combination I love that its not too dark but still looks vampy

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such pretty lips for showcasing makeup looks! i LOVE the one that was created :) i need to mix my lippies more, can make such lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. u wont believe it but i was all night looking for a way to transform a very bright red lipstick in a vamp lipstick i just did add u cause u had a good tutorial for winged eyeliner and i found this wooww. thank u i was thinking to purchase that vamp color if i find it over here in Curacao.

    ReplyDelete