Connect

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Favorite Must Have Eye Brushes



This was requested by a few readers. Next up will be face brushes. :)

If I were stranded on a desert island and could only grab just a handful of eye brushes with me, it would definitely have to be these! These brushes are the magic sticks that make my eye looks the way they are. I noticed that most of these brushes have multiple uses to them (at least the way I use them) and I think that's why they're considered my favorites. :) Without further ado, let's get started! These brushes are in no particular order. :)

PS: Prices may vary on some brushes depending where you buy them.


Sigma E60 Brush ($11.00)
 The is my favorite brush to apply my brow bone highlight. It seems a bit large but I personally like this because it also helps to blend the outer edge of your eyeshadow with the highlight color. So it almost does 2 jobs in one! :) It's also great for applying a quick sweep of eyeshadow on the lid.


MAC 266 Brush ($19.50)
 Of course, I can't be without my angled brush. My eyebrows wouldn't look this way if it wasn't for this brush! I've also used this brush for applying eyeliner and defining my crease for when I do a cut crease look.


Loew Cornell Maxine's Mop (3/8) Brush (about $4.00)
 This is probably one brush everyone needs! It's pretty much the best "all over the lid" brush and ideal for packing on color. It has a rounded top to it so it also blends outer edges really nicely especially if you're experiencing harsh lines.


Sonia Kashuk Small Eyeshadow Brush (about $5.00)
 Another great "all over the lid" brush and another favorite of mine for packing on color. This one is a lot smaller so it applies nicely to precise areas of the lid, for example the inner eye corner.


Sigma E40 Brush ($11.00)
 Say goodbye to harsh lines because you won't experience any if you have this brush! Sometimes I'll have this harsh edge between my brow bone and lid color and this brush effortlessly eliminates that. It's a pretty large blending brush so I use it mostly for blending rather than applying color. It also works nice to diffuse eyeshadow if you happen to overdo it.


Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush (about $5.00)
 This is like the baby of all my eye brushes. It's so small but it gets into places with precision and it gets the job done! I use this for smudging eyeshadow or eyeliner on my lower lash line and to set eyeshadow on my waterline. I'm not sure if this brush is still available since I can't find it anywhere. :(


EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush ($3.00)
 This is another brush that I can't thank enough for giving me clean eyebrows. I use this for applying concealer on my eyebrows to create really clean, sharp lines.


MAC 224 Brush ($28.00)
 This is the queen of all blending brushes and my very first MAC brush I've ever purchased! Of course, this brush is what it is... a blending brush! Great for blending colors together and for applying color to the crease. It does the job of applying color and blending at the same time so it's one of those all-in-one type of brushes. I'm probably going to buy a back up of this brush just because I love it so much! It's definitely required to have this brush in everyone's collection from beginners to professionals.


MAC 217 Brush ($22.50)
 I can't express how much I love this brush! I have a back up of this brush because I use it so much! I think if I had the choice to grab just one (eyeshadow) brush to use for the rest of my life, it would definitely be this brush. It's fluffy enough for blending but it has just the perfect amount of density for packing on and building up color. It's the most ideal eyeshadow brush anyone could ever ask for. I'm saying this to everyone who is starting out in makeup that if you're not sure what brush to get, this is definitely the best choice you could ever go with.


MAC 219 Brush ($24.50)
 I use this brush in more ways than one. I use it to define my crease, smudging eyeshadow and eyeliner, and even for blending! It's another one of those brushes that have so many uses to them and that's why I love it! This brush is unlike any other pencil brush that I've tried because some were too flimsy and had very little density and others were too harsh for my eyes. This one is just perfect!


Sonia Kashuk Bent Eye Liner Brush (about $6.00)
 This is such an amazing eyeliner brush. I've had this for years and years and it definitely changed my outlook on how to apply eyeliner. I never preferred applying eyeliner with an angled brush and using a bent brush is so much more easier. Perfect winged eyeliner every single time!


Bdellium Tools Bent Eyeliner Brush ($7.04)
 Another great eyeliner brush. This one is a lot smaller than the SK brush so it's perfect for really precise eyeliner.


MAC 204 Brush ($13.00)
 This is another staple brush that I need for doing my eyebrows. Of course this brush has different uses to them from eyebrows to eyelashes to... believe it or not... eyeshadow. Yes! Eyeshadow! I once had an eyeshadow that was really dry from accidentally applying water to it and creating a hard layer on top (it was a matte eyeshadow). I just used this spoolie to gently scrape off the hard layer and the eyeshadow was good as new! I know it's kind of random but who would've thought? :)

What are your must have brushes?


4 comments:

  1. Great post. I have all (except one) of the MAC brushes you mentioned. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have the Loew Cornell brush and love it! Actually a lot of my brushes are from Lowe Cornell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your must have eye brushes! I couldn't live without them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there beautiful! Hope your having a wonderful friday!! Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this post! I was so curious about those magical little brushes that make your eyes so damn pretty, Besides all of your natural talent, you always look amazing! Love your blog and videos! thankyou again! Its much appreciated!!! btw are you gonna make any videos anymore? I miss watching them :( take care! -Brittany <3

    ReplyDelete