Connect

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush Review and Swatches

I've been on a blush kick lately. Earlier this week I went ahead and picked up 2 of the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes because I was curious to know how these held up. I've never tried a blush quite like this. It's not a solid and it's not quite your typical cream blush either. It has a bit of give to it, hence the name "bouncy" blush. It has a almost like a marshmallowy mixed with play-doh type of texture if that makes any sense. I've never tried their mousse blush before so I can't make any comparison between the two.

 Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin and Pink Frosting

 Peach Satin

 Pink Frosting

Peach Satin and Pink Frosting swatched heavily

AVAILABILITY: Drugstores
PRICE: $8 USD
SIZE: .19 OZ / 5.6 g
VALUE FOR PRICE: 3/5
APPLICATION: 3.5/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 3/5 


PROS:
□ Comes in a wide range of colors
□ Could be used as a base for your blush
□ Color is buildable
□ Blends easily

CONS:
□ Color payoff is very sheer
□ Wipes away easily
□ Not long lasting

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I find that these blushes go on a bit sheer. It's buildable but I feel like I would be wasting more product that way. I think if you're lighter than NC30 in MAC, these blushes would be more suitable for you otherwise you would just be layering on another blush right on top of it which is what I had to do. These blushes give more of a natural rosy cheek look, therefore; it shows up very faint. At first I thought it would be best to use a dense brush for application but I find that a fluffy brush works just as fine. Keep in mind the color payoff is not the most pigmented so you may be layering on the color just to get a decent amount to appear on your cheeks. Overall, I find that these are more fun to touch than their intended purpose.

DISCLAIMER: THE PRODUCTS REVIEWED ON THIS BLOG ARE BASED ON THE OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE AUTHOR. THIS PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED BY THE AUTHOR AND IN NO WAY WAS THIS REVIEW INFLUENCED BY THE COMPANY OF THE PRODUCT.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Sorry I missed these in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweee not long lasting... but the colors seems nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great texture so it seems :) nice colors also have to check in the site for the rest of colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the EXACT same way about this product, though the shade I have (45 Orchid Hush) didn't work that well as a base. My blush still disappeared after a few hours. If these were a touch more pigmented on the face, and longer-lasting, they'd be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in the texture of these products, that's what got me intrigued! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovee pink frosting
    http://vmjeheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very pretty! I would love to get these...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I think your right on about the texture it's very odd and hard to describe.
    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen these but they are not available in the UK yet... i dont like to use blushes much anyway so I think ill defo pass after readig your review

    http://tzeyien89.blogspot.com/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have pretty colors, but I wish they lasted longer and we're so sheer. Thanks for the review honey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I picked up the same two shades today too! I was tempted to get more than two but, I think I'll just try the first two I have to see how I feel. Thanks for the helpful review and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad they weren't too good quality. The way you described them made me super duper curious though o.0


    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sucks that it doesn't last long! :(

    ReplyDelete