Connect

Monday, December 19, 2011

GloProfessional Alloy Eyes Collection Review




 Top Row: Silver Streak, Universe, Storm, Jet
Bottom Row: Buff, Cappuccino, Enigma, Tuxedo

 Top Row: Silver Streak, Universe, Storm, Jet

Bottom Row: Bottom Row: Buff, Cappuccino, Enigma, Tuxedo




Jet all over the lid and outer lower lash line
Universe in the crease
Cappuccino as a transition color
Buff as a brow bone highlight
Silver Streak in the inner tear duct and inner lower lash line
Lash Lengthening Mascara in Black
A palette of shimmery hues with complimentary matte shades that can be used to create limitless looks for day and night that flatter all eyes.
AVAILABILITY:  GloProfessionals
PRICE: $44 USD
SIZE: .25 oz. / 7.2 g
VALUE FOR PRICE: 4/5
APPLICATION: 4/5
PACKAGING: 5/5
MEETS EXPECTATIONS: 4/5
OVERALL PRODUCT: 4/5 


PROS:
□ Includes a mix of different eyeshadow finishes (frosts and mattes)
□ Great for creating subtle everyday eyes to dramatic smokey eyes
□ Eyeshadows are smooth in texture
□ Eyeshadows are vibrant when packed on

CONS:
□ Some eyeshadows were too powdery
□ Matte colors were streaky if not applied evenly
□ Excess blending would make the shadows look muddy
□ Not the most pigmented, depending on the type of primer/base used
□ Pricey

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
□ For someone like myself who has tried all types of eyeshadows from drugstore to high end, I'm pretty particular about what I consider quality made products. This palette was just okay for me. It took me several tries to get the most out of it because I tried different primers and bases to find what worked best. I found that creamier bases work better for these shadows because it has something "sticky" to adhere to. So a base is a must in order for these shadows to show up because using them alone probably won't show up as much as one would like it to.

□ These shadows work better when they are packed on rather than swiped especially for building up intensity. That's why in the swatches they look really vibrant because I packed on a lot of eyeshadow to show you how intense it can be. But for someone who prefers subtle smokey eyes or a wash of color, then a quick swipe with a blending brush would justify. I think both who prefer simplicity or boldness could both benefit from this palette but I do prefer it more for people who are more into subtle looks. Nonetheless I think the color choices in this palette are spot on. I do love the neutral shades, plus the different finishes, and it would be great for bringing with me for travel as my all-in-one makeup palette.

DISCLAIMER: In no way is this blog accepting any form of payment for products received by companies. The products reviewed on this blog are based on the opinions and experiences of the author. The products in this review were provided by the company.

1 comment:

  1. The swatches look nice, but I can see how the mattes would be more difficult to use.

    ReplyDelete